• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Infantrymen of the Air

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I will be visiting the Army archives in Rome the week of 4 April.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am working on the last chapter of the book, the events of 8 September 1943. I have some appendices to finish, but those are mainly data so should go quickly. It is taking longer to decide on the format than actually writing the material.

I should be on schedule to deliver everything to the publisher by the end of September.

Last edited:

1089maul

Jeff, Thanks for the update. As previously stated, I have registered with Helion and await the book’s publication! Really looking forward to it as it is a unusual subject! Regards from the UK! Bob

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Fixed a typo, end of September. The publisher still has the book as a 2022 release.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure what you are asking.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. The book covers the parachute forces of the Royal Italian military, so 1936 to 1943. I made a decision to stop there as I felt that a book of that size was manageable. If this book does well, I have considered a book covering both the Co-belligerent and RSI parachute forces (kinda of a vol. 2).

However I am also thinking about a book covering the Army of the South. We will see once this book is done.

Bry

So you don't feel that Gran Sasso would mark the definitive end
Yes. The book covers the parachute forces of the Royal Italian military, so 1936 to 1943. I made a decision to stop there as I felt that a book of that size was manageable. If this book does well, I have considered a book covering both the Co-belligerent and RSI parachute forces (kinda of a vol. 2).

However I am also thinking about a book covering the Army of the South. We will see once this book is done.
So you don't feel that Sept 12 marks the definitive end?

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh I see the misunderstanding.

the events of 8 September 1943
8 Sep is a topic name, not a specific date. Yes, the chapter will cover what happened during the events of 8 Sep to their logical conclusion.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
The working title of the chapter is Nord, Sud o Casa?

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I have finished the basic book. Intro, 13 chapters, and Conclusion. Several of the appendices are complete. I will spend the next few weeks reworking the chapters as needed, finish the appendices and the maps. Plan is to have the book to the publisher by 30 September. After that, I will need to build the index. I believe the book is still scheduled to be out this year. Still working on finding some good photographs.

Introduction
1. Castel Benito
2. Paracadutisti libici
3. Tarquinia
4. Gruppo Mobile «Tonini»
5. Esigenza «G»
6. Btg. Carabinieri paracadutisti
7. 1º divisione paracadutisti
8. Operazione «C3»
9. Divisione fanteria «Folgore»
10. 3º El Alamein
11. Tunisia
12. Sicilia e Calabria
13. Nord, Sud, o Casa?
Conclusion

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Helion is now listing my book as in the Spring 2023 list. I plan to have the book delivered to them at the end of this month, so I don't know why the delay. Possibly they already have enough books for the fall 2022 list ready to go.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Bry

I believe the chapter names pretty much say it all. Castel Benito is the establishment of the first school, Paracadutisti libici is about the first parachute battalions, etc. All chronological.

Pista! Jeff

Slavomir

My only grumpy comment is that we will have to wait for so long for it. ;)

Thank you Jeff for keeping us informed.