• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by Frederico

1. Frederico

Eritreans in 28mm

Thank you!
  2. Frederico

Eritreans in 28mm

I was hoping to wait until I had completed my entire platoon before posting anything, but I'm still not even done with a single squad and I got impatient. So here are the first few ascari in 28mm for what will be a complete platoon. While we know the Eritrean platoons had three squads (see the...
  3. Frederico

Compagnia fucilieri libica 1/100 scale

I have edited the spellings. Thanks for catching that!:)
  4. Frederico

Compagnia fucilieri libica 1/100 scale

Here is my compagnia fucilieri libica in 15mm for the game Flames of War. Thank you very much to Jeff Leser and others for determining the TO&E for such a unit, over on this thread here. While Flames of War offers a list for this unit, it is inaccurate. *NOTE* I am having difficulty uploading...
  5. Frederico

More Insignia

You have an amazing collection, Rich!!😮
  6. Frederico

Organization of the Bersaglieri

There are 19 men listed in the squadra, but only 11 with each gun. Is this a typo, or is there a section left out?
  7. Frederico

Artiglieria Costiera Responsibility

During the war, was all fixed coastal artillery transferred to the Regia Marina/MILMART? If yes, when? Relatedly, the artillery listed in the order of battles for the divisioni costieri are often labeled as artiglieria costiera, but were they actually just artiglieria campale divisionale...
  8. Frederico

San Marco Oerlikon(?)

Somewhat off topic, but I just noticed that one of the marò in the first photograph is wearing a French bayonet frog.
  9. Frederico

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

A belated Buon natale and an early Felice anno nuovo!
  10. Frederico

75 mm mle 1897

The below image, as well as the below video, show a French 75 in action with Italians in Tunisia. The footage can be found here. The gun can be seen in the first 40 seconds. What was the Italian designation for this gun? Is this a one-off, or was there a unit which fielded these? Thanks!
  11. Frederico

San Marco Oerlikon(?)

Another image.
  12. Frederico

San Marco Oerlikon(?)

I recently ran across this image of Btg. San Marco marines manning an antiaircraft gun in Tunisia. It's purportedly from the magazine L'Illustrazione Italiana, Year LXX, No 3, January 17, 1943. Is the gun an Oerlikon? Thanks!
  13. Frederico

Cannone da 47/50 at Gela

I have seen several photos of the French 47 mm Mle 1937 antitank gun at Gela, Sicily, after the invasion. These were designated the Cannone da 47/50 by the Italians. My question is, what units at Gela used these? Did it belong to a local garrison unit? Gruppo Mobile E, which was involved in...
  14. Frederico

I look forward to reading about the GaF!
  15. Frederico

According to the website Dili posted, 8º Regg. had a battaglioni armi di accompagnamento (or "Btg. armi acc. e a.a.") in 1941. I was looking elsewhere on the forum, and according to this post (here, scroll down to post #6 by dor1941), divisions operating in Africa in 1941 were authorized a btg...