• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by NeonSun

1. NeonSun

This would be a good time for the admins to post info on the 1941 Donetsk Christmas Battle.

Point well made! I don't have access to an academic library, but let's see what I can find...
  2. NeonSun

This would be a good time for the admins to post info on the 1941 Donetsk Christmas Battle.

In lieu of recent events in Ukraine, this 1941 battle has renewed-significance. Hope to see postings about it with as much detail as possible on the main page of Commando Supremo. 📂📚📎
  3. NeonSun

Did any Italian Military Internees post-armistice see combat outside of Italy?

Yes, that aligns with the searches I've done on this author. I did find one title however, Air War in North Italy 1943 - 1945. - M.A.A. F. (Mediterranean Allied Air Force) by N.Arena, published in 1975.
  4. NeonSun

Jeff-of the 2 volumes you purchased, were they published in English? If so, could you please list the titles? Thanks!
  5. NeonSun

Great post with an abundance of information! This is a very comprehensive and detailed list. It seems like most of Nino Arena's books were published in Italian.
  6. NeonSun

DrG, I'm very grateful for your valuable posts! I was never able to read Italian, and have lost what was a limited-ability to speak it. I'd be inclined to think that most of the documents about this topic were released on paper prior to the new millennium. Ideally some that are fluent in Italian...
  7. NeonSun

DrG, you are interpreting my question correctly. I read through the link at the AHF, and it confirms what you wrote. Ostensibly any remaining info around this is either in pre-internet Italian periodicals, or perhaps in the Bundesarchiv? Thanks for the great reply!
  8. NeonSun

Thank you. It seems like Germany's compelling need for additional soldiers at that time would've been anywhere but Italy. Even taking into account Little Saturn the most ideal deployment location of those troops seemingly would be the eastern front.
  9. NeonSun

Regarding the approximately 100K Italian soldiers that volunteered to fight for Germany following Operation Achse and underwent military training in the late-autumn of 1943 inside Germany. Did any of these soldiers see combat outside of Italy? If so, does anyone have info on this?