• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by Pendejo

1. Pendejo

Distribution of M41 Carcano across RE

Hello, I thought I'd make a new thread here and ask some questions about the M41 Carcano and other small arms in the Regio Esercito. When the M41 Carcano was fielded where was it mainly being shipped to? I know some units in Yugoslavia and Russia recieved them but actual numbers on where these...
  2. Pendejo

Kit Packing Manual?

Hi again just wondering whether there was a manual on how to pack the Italian Infantryman's kit. Looking for information as to how to fold the blanket, telo, where things are carried ('...field dressing in left pocket' sort of thing) or any information related to the carriage of equipment...
  3. Pendejo

Weapons Handling Manuals?

Marksmanship I guess, everything else you mentioned would be interesting. I was more specifically interested in the marksmanship principles and how troops were taught to fire, how to take up sight picture properly, how the bolt is worked and how malfunctions are remedied.
  4. Pendejo

I've found this book; https://www.bergogliolibri.it/libri-antichi/esercitazioni-tiro-regio-manuale-uso-armi-esercito-italiano-0477973.html it says it's a republish of the 1936 manual of arms if my Italians any good? Might pick it up found some other interesting manuals too about firing of...
  5. Pendejo

Is there any Training Manuals on the usage of weapons? Like for the Carcano the only anecdotal thing I've ever heard was that the bolt was "...used energetically with the palm of the hand..." and that's about it. Did the Manual of using the 1891 or 91/43 change significantly from 1918-1943? Had...
  6. Pendejo

Information on # of Garments Issued?

I may start another thread as the subject of anti-partisan missions and patrols really interests me. Do you happen to have any pictures of the Panciere (stomach wraps)? I honestly have never heard of this thing, I'm guessing it was used to insulate your core? Is there pictures of soldiers...
  7. Pendejo

Thanks Jeff! Also curious if there may have been any discrepancies or totally different kit issues between theatres. Would soldiers doing anti-partisan operations in Yugoslavia be lower down on the supply chain or receive less issued kit than someone in North Africa or someone else posted to...
  8. Pendejo

Was wondering if anyone had information on what was actually issued to the Infantry, or regular troops. Number of socks, shirts etc. And even if possible what troops would carry on Combat Missions regarding clothing. Hopefully taking into account the length of the mission (5 day patrol vs week...