• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Wargames's latest activity

• W
    While GaF troops could be on the front line in the absence of regular troops such as Cirene division, they were employed to operate GaF...
  • W
    Post 11 would be the wrong place and wrong direction to "escape and find shelter". Cirene division troops were to retreat to the "switch...
  • W
    Wargames replied to the thread Aerial Torpedo Development.
    In addition, Italian aircraft torpedoes only used a 441 pound (200 kg) warhead. This compares to a 388 pound (176 kg) warhead for...
  • W
    Wargames replied to the thread Aerial Torpedo Development.
    As memory serves, they were sent where needed versus assigned to all the stormos. Italy had several different types of bombs (I call...
  • W
    Wargames replied to the thread Board Wargame creation.
    I limited myself to North Africa and did not include Crete or Malta (Where the Germans lacked trucks.). North Africa is all about...
  • W
    I should add that while my games indicate an Italian battalion can inflict 133 casualties, that's using the Breda 37 HMG. The Breda 37...
  • W
    Here is my source: Australia in the War of 1939-1945 Series One Army Volume I To Benghazi By Gavin Long Chapter 8
  • W
    Until now, I never calculated damage at the battalion level, as not very useful unless you do a Malta invasion game. Otherwise, attacks...
  • W
    There were no Libyan troops in the GaF and no Libyan troops retreated into Bardia.
  • W
    When the British surrounded Bardia in January 1941, how many days of supply did the Italians have in Bardia assuming they did not impose...
  • W
    Wargames replied to the thread 1940 OB in A.S..
    Is the above information available in English? Is there a source on the number of guns available in N.A. in 1940? I recall one on the...
  • W
    I came across a British analysis of the range of an Italian infantry battalion, including heavy machineguns and 47mm guns. They...
  • W
    Wargames replied to the thread Invasion: Malta.
    I looked at the game but never bought it. The main obstacle to me is the 600 yard hex size (549 meter) which appears to have been...
    • 1709591185992.png
  • W
    These tanks were landed with trailers. Were they also landed with tow vehicles to pull the trailers? If so, what kind of vehicles were they?
  • W
    In the Battle of the Bulge, the German turn began December 16. Two American divisions moved on December 19 (101st Airborne Division and...