• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by 1089maul

1. 1089maul

Looking for a book on Beda Fomm

Dr G, I agree with your comments. I only mention it as I am not sure if Jeff is after all available information. Regards, Bob
  2. 1089maul

Looking for a book on Beda Fomm

Jeff, This is an old book and I am not sure that it will be detailed enough for your purposes. Regards, Bob
  3. 1089maul

Mussolini's War series

Marek, Thanks for the update. Will a paper back be available outside of the USA? I personally do not like kindle editions of reference books. I have looked on Amazon UK and it is only available at this moment in time in kindle format. Regards, Bob
  4. 1089maul

Luogotenente generale Francesco Antonelli

Frollo, Sorry, totally misread your message. Bob
  5. 1089maul

Luogotenente generale Francesco Antonelli

Frollo, The website website Generals.dk give his date of birth 4th July 1897. Can’t help with his place of birth. Regards, Bob
  6. 1089maul

Greek naval operations in the Adriatic

Evening all. With reference to the above I have looked at Marc Antonio Bragadin‘s excellent book, The Italian Navy in World War Two. A quick perusal reveals that he devotes only two pages to the Regia Marina’s operations against Greece. This confirms what you say Jeff that there was not a lot of...
  7. 1089maul

Photos of Generals

Frollo, The below photo was taken from the recent Rommel’s Italian Generals in North Africa. La Feflat is listed but there is no photo. The other Generals you name are not listed in the book. Regards, Bob
  8. 1089maul

New Article on the early Condottieri

Pardon my ignorance, but who or what is EC? It is the first time that I have heard that only one gun in a turret on a Giussano could be fired at a time. Bob
  9. 1089maul

White Devils! "Monte Cervino" Alpine Ski Battalion, 1941-1943

Jeff, I have now read the book. First thing to say Jeff is that you are an expert on the Monte Cervino and I have read it with little knowledge. I was hoping that I would learn a great deal but this wasn’t the case. But that could possibly be the fact that this book is advertised as photos and...
  10. 1089maul

Andreas, Ah, yes I remember now. When I saw the presumed artefact for sale I did a search and saw the photographs that you mention. Just one last thought if you are doing more similar posts. The Orizzonte Mare books are an excellent source of not only technical information but also photos. The...
  11. 1089maul

Andreas, Very interesting article. When will part 2 be published? Have you read the anatomy of ships book which covers the Colleoni? It gives very detailed info on the construction of the vessel with good diagrams Together with her with its history and sinking. Not that long ago, a piece of...
  12. 1089maul

Kit Packing Manual?

Jeff, Do these items belong to you? If so, they are very impressive!! Regards, Bob
  13. 1089maul

The Italian Army in North Africa, 1940-43: Luck Was Lacking, But Valor Was Not

All, I too have ordered this book. I checked today with the book shop that I ordered it through to be told that they have no idea when it will be published. Very fru!!! Regards, Bob
  14. 1089maul

Jeff, Book arrived today, will read it and update this thread. Regards, Bob
  15. 1089maul

Jeff, I wasn’t aware of this book and have just ordered it. Will read it and review the osprey book which I have and update this thread in due course. Regards, Bob