• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by iac

1. I

Baistrocchi Uniform Question

Grazie Signore ! I also recalled after our 1st conversation, that the Uniformi per Truppi may have /probably contained Lanital; a fiber derived from Milk Casein (Protien). It was invented in Italy in the 1930s, as part of Fascist Italia's Autarchia (self sufficiency) program ...
  2. I

Baistrocchi Uniform Question

Hello Gents, Does anyone have Information regarding Wool composition i.e, 100% wool or a wool/rayon mix; as well as the Weight of the cloth (18 oz., 17oz. ?) of the Baistrocchi Uniform introduced in 1933 ? Grazie, IAC.
  3. I

Carcano M40 Rear Sight

Hello Gents, Up until now, I've only seen a profile photo of the M40 rifle, showing an adjustment dial; with the sight described as "eccentric". Recently though, I found the below photo in another website. It appears to be a copy of the prototype Armaguerra M39 rifle. It's adjustable for 2, 3...
  4. I

Carcano M38 & others

Fair enough. I can see your point, Thanks
  5. I

Carcano M38 & others

https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=3587 https://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/zimmerman/frontmenu_000025.htm http://personal.stevens.edu/~gliberat/carcano/emary.html Yes the Carcano barrel had deep grooves. But the bullets were ~.266", with an open base, designed to expand into the rifling; almost...
  6. I

Carcano M38 & others

.268s are too difficult, and almost dangerous to use in most Carcanos; which weren't even disigned for .268s.
  7. I

Carcano M38 & others

As you know, the problem w/ getting accuracy with 6.5 Carcano is the standard .264" bullet doesn't work, because the original Italian ammo was .266" !
  8. I

Video- Italy vs Japan WW 2 !

Hello Gents, I found this video on YøuTůbė, "Japan vs Italy- The Forgotten Pacific War". I decided that this would be the best sub forum to post it in. Enjoy !, IAC.
  9. I

Scaldarancio- WW2 Italian Ration Warmer

Very nice, jwsleser ! Here's a photo re, instructions on how the Scaldaroncios were made. After the glue dried on the rolled newspaper, they were cut into ~2cm pieces, then vat waxed.
  10. I

Yes. It's also a shame that they didn't make the WW1 rolled paper ones during WW2. It's as if they were forgotten about, or ignored. An entire volunteer corps was created to make the millions of them. They were apparently so revered in the trenches, that poems were written of them !
  11. I

Hello Gents, For your viewing, a few fotos of apparent WW2 Italian ration heaters (scaldarancio), possibly used on the Russian Front. The caption says the fuel is a "waffer of alchohol and wax". They came in a 10-pack, with the wrapper also being the instructions. Also shown, is an Italian WW1...