• As some of you know, the old forum database was deleted by the previous administrator. I am attempting to paste any retrievable discussions back into this forum using the internet archive. It won't look pretty - but at least we can preserve some valuable information. Feel free to add to the discussions as these old posts are restored.

Recent content by iac

1. I

Scaldarancio- WW2 Italian Ration Warmer

Very nice, jwsleser ! Here's a photo re, instructions on how the Scaldaroncios were made. After the glue dried on the rolled newspaper, they were cut into ~2cm pieces, then vat waxed.
  2. I

Yes. It's also a shame that they didn't make the WW1 rolled paper ones during WW2. It's as if they were forgotten about, or ignored. An entire volunteer corps was created to make the millions of them. They were apparently so revered in the trenches, that poems were written of them !
  3. I

Hello Gents, For your viewing, a few fotos of apparent WW2 Italian ration heaters (scaldarancio), possibly used on the Russian Front. The caption says the fuel is a "waffer of alchohol and wax". They came in a 10-pack, with the wrapper also being the instructions. Also shown, is an Italian WW1...