• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by Indragnir

1. I

Italian First Army in Tunisia since 22nd April.

Thank you Maurizio!
  2. I

Outstanding! Questions: From HG Kampfgruppe ---“Ewert” Regiment ----5./“Tunisien” Any info? A single company in a infantry btl? Battaglione A28 (settore Benigni) were a italian march btl or german? Do you know if 41.o Raggruppamento artiglieria costiera were fixed on sea? (thus unable to...
  3. I

Indeed. Supply was criticaly low (fuel, ammuntion, they even destilled fuel from local alcohol...) almost no air support, relentless air attacks, an opponent able to recover their casualties, it was just a matter of time. The army group needed 120,000 tons of supplies per month. In March, it...
  4. I

That's excellent Maurizio. With that information I can extrapolate roughly the average btl strength (considering reductions from non-front line soldiers). Certainly those units were really thin, that makes their stand even more notable. Very nice details about 1.o Gruppo "Novara" Thank you...
  5. I

Thank you Maurizio. Now I continue to pester you: what units do you know their strength? (like 5th Bersaglieri) So far Artillery and tanks you have posted, I asked about AT guns so basically what remains is number of men on the units. PS: If you have german numbers I'm interested also.
  6. I

Excellent, as usual. You even included strength for 5th Bersaglieri. Those sent on 24th April, the self-propelled were semovente 47/32? or higher calibre? Piscicelli Group was sent on 26th so his vehicles were not included in those transfered on 24th I presume? If I'm right do you know how many...
  7. I

Maurizio, do you know what units (and date if available) were sent from Primera Armata to 5th Panzer Army since April 22nd?
  8. I

Thanks again Maurizio, very great.
  9. I

It's amazing the research you did. I truly thank you. Surprised me 136.0 battaglione controcarro was self-propelled. After reading you a fourth time... 63.o Bersaglieri from 10.o Bersaglieri Rgt (with apparently no AT guns?----compagnia mitragliere da 20mm could be Solothurm rifles or Anti...
  10. I

Thanks again. Yes I noticed about Husky. I agree with you. Regarding Yom Kippur: of course, we can use PM to exchange e-mails. After a second read I've some additional questions about that units Any info on those? -III.o Gruppo Corazzato “Nizza” --41.o Raggruppamento artiglieria costiera...
  11. I

Awesome again Maurizio! I've a couple of questions: 570.a coorte MVSN (Tunisina) Coorte meaning Cohort? is like a company, a btl? 672.a sezione CCRR (Red Shirts? I know CCNN is black shirts...) I know sezione is section. Just if you have in any case number of guns/men/relevant equippment (and...
  12. I

Maurizio, That's impressive! That's exactly what I was looking for! I like to research less known battles (for example Anzio up to Operation Fischfang, Yom Kippur War) and now Tunisia. Also I like to debunk myths, like the weak italian army. Maybe it had poor performance the first years...
  13. I

Thank you Maurizio, I will start for Italian OoB 22nd April, that would be enough. Bests Regards César
  14. I

Hi my fellow forumites, greetings from Spain. I'm researching (mainly Order of Battle) the end in Africa (Operation Vulcan): The final assault on the Tunisian bridgehead. The german part is "easy" since in the summer of 1943 they issued a document detailing every unit lost in the event. I know...