• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by Ironmaiden2000

1. I

Great coat

Not sure why I called them gorgets my bad. It's looking like any fascist paramilitary used the fasces on their groatcoat collars. Which unless I can find documents on pinning i will have to assume its centured on the collar and straightened out. Thanks for the input
  2. I

Great coat

Forgive me for neceoing a thread. However a question came up on my head. The coat got delivered to my house while away on a training exercise. I'm going to get the hikishop buttons so it at least looks more accurate. However I was thinking what is the appropriate measurement for a greatcoat...
  3. I

Great coat

As cringe as it is. Hikishop sells them even if they might be plastic. I might end up buying those as the tailor said those buttons wouldn't work. I am assuming since they are pegged shaped you simply wrap it around thr back with thread?
  4. I

Great coat

Progress of great coat so far. Made by Creative Trade Impex India . (Facebook) Trying to get the buttons to match the coat. Something feels too dark to me. Thoughts gents?
  5. I

Warrant officer headwear

Forgot to ask post 1935 and what i assume 1940 with the year date, how were cuffs marked rank wise? Did it stay the same during the war?
  6. I

Warrant officer headwear

Shame I only speak english, otherwise i would totally buy these to learn more rather then asking doubly, some of the books seem to have english sections although i do not know if it contains a full english edition
  7. I

Warrant officer headwear

Makes sense. Didnt know all ranks had peaked caps. However i assume the symbol on the side of the bustina for mostly field use as evident by some officers is also correct?
  8. I

Warrant officer headwear

To clarify i have two links I would like y'all's input on. 1 and 2. Now my question is just to make sure that for warrant officers the trend would still be as the first one shows as far as peaked caps go. However the book (which i am choosing to trust more) makes no mention of warrant officers...
  9. I

MVAC

Yes there was and If i recall they had naval gear but as far as insignia or gear I would have no clue
  10. I

MVAC

Thank you very much, this helps a lot! If i have anymore questions i will DM you, I figured the MVAC would be very hodge podge, but It would be good to still check.
  11. I

MVAC

Sorry been in the hospital for awhile, sources for the uniforms would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!
  12. I

MVAC

Ideally I'd like more info on uniforms and more history but beggers can't be choosers, if i find a pdf version i can try to use software to translate it
  13. I

MVAC

I don't speak Italian, do you know if there was a translated version i could find of the book?
  14. I

MVAC

No problem Jeff the source I used was The Italian Army 1940–45 (1): Europe 1940–43 ( Philip Jowett, Stephen Andrew) the pages i focused on were, Print G and pages 34-37, it mentions some kind of ranking by means of a armband but their names are not listed. You can use this website to read it...
  15. I

MVAC

So I know the Milizia Volontaria Anti Comunista were divided by certain religious lines but I was wondering if there was a good resource I could use to find for ranks, I know sources about their uniforms from the men at arms book series but was wondering if someone could point me in the right...