• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by jenfen

1. J

Dog tag

Thank you, that's so helpful! I'll home in on the UK PoWs tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Jenny
  2. J

Dog tag

Thank you for the information. I think I may have been wrong about Germany as my father was also stationed in North Africa so he could have found it there. Jenny
  3. J

Dog tag

Thank you very much for all your help Maurizio, it's a fascinating story. I'll explore the American websites and see what I can come up with. Jenny
  4. J

Dog tag

Thanks Maurizio, I've attached photos of both discs of the dog tag for you to have a look at. The big question is how do I find the family ?!!
  5. J

Dog tag

Thank you Maurizio for such interesting information. I should have said that there are 2 metal discs and both are on a chain, back to back. Any ideas as to what I should do with the dog tag as I'm sure it would be a precious item for the soldier's family to have ? Would it help to attach a photo ?
  6. J

Dog tag

Not sure which area this comes under but here goes !! I found an Italian soldier's WW2 dog tag amongst my late father's WW2 memorabilia which I believe he found in Germany in 1945. I would like to return the dog tag to the soldier's family where it truly belongs but I don't know how to go about...