• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by Jimnz

1. J

Comando Militare Territoriale

Thanks Jeff It is obscure I know. I was just trying to fill in a time line about a general I am researching Carlo GOTTI I know he was the commander in Genova in 1948/49 from the odd scrap of info here and there ...mention on the generals.dk site and esp his signature on a document showing his...
  2. J

Comando Militare Territoriale

Hello Can anyone provide the names of the commanders ( and dates of their time in command) for the following between 1943 and 1953; Comando Militare Territoriale di Bari (IX) Comando Militare Territoriale di Genova (II) Thanks JIm
  3. J

Lieutenant General Carlo GOTTI

Hello DrG Thanks for the references I had seen them but I better have another look to see if I missed anything, I have his medal group ( I would guess it is pre 1940 medals ) I got from a local dealer. It has two named medals; the Silver Valour and a named Long Command medal so I am researching...
  4. J

Thanks Guys for your relies and help . It is unfortunate Italian archives are so difficult ( a Roman holiday needed). All I can say is thank god for the internet as I have been able to piece together quite a lot PRE 1943. A Tuscan nobleman, born in 1889, a Bersaglieri with service in Libya...
  5. J

Hello DrG Thanks for your reply...and advice.. I will have a look at the reference you suggested. It would be interesting to know what he was up to between 1943 45... KInd regards Jim
  6. J

Hello Everybody I am trying to find the citation (or motivazione) for the award of the Cavaliere dell" Ordine Militare d'Italia to then Major General GOTTI. The Quirnale site says he received the award 24/11/1947 but gives no citation. I have researched him to just after the Sicily campaign but...