• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by Kustosz2137

1. Kustosz2137

LI & LII Battaglioni Carri M

I've seen this pdf already, but thanks for some additional info Jeff. When it comes to size of the LI. I guess it's just some error/misinterpretation in the book, as the "Carro M" is written in really chaotic way and sometimes even contradicted itself. I 've also came to a conclusion, that...
  2. Kustosz2137

LI & LII Battaglioni Carri M

Basically I'm lookin for some information about these two M tank battalions that I couldn't find to this point, there are also my few thoughts; — Why their numbers were so different from other battalions? Why they were named out of order? — What's going on with LII? Why was it even created and...
  3. Kustosz2137

Motorisation of Italian artillery in Operation Crusader November 1941

I think I know the photo you are talking about, iirc at least the trailer originally belonged to IX. Battaglione Carri M, not sure about the truck, cause it was barely visible.
  4. Kustosz2137

L3 with names.

I've recently acknowledged that these names were actually characteristic markings of the interwar armored cavalry regiments. Colors of the letters and line beneath them corresponded to individual regiments.
  5. Kustosz2137

184º reparto corazzato

I've used wrong wording, sorry. The 5 M40 tanks were part of the initial squad of "Lancieri di V.E. II" regiment, they weren't attached.
  6. Kustosz2137

184º reparto corazzato

Tbh I think it's at least propable, the book is usually very specific about type of the vehicle used. While not many M13s survived to this point the photo evidence clearly shows that they were used, mainly by 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Tank Regiments, but some even attached to "Ariete II" Division...
  7. Kustosz2137

184º reparto corazzato

Sadly no, overall list of many sources is there, but they are not assigned to particular informations.
  8. Kustosz2137

184º reparto corazzato

According to "Carro M vol.2" book by Gruppo Modellistico Trentino the 184º Plotone Carristi was made of 6 old M13/40 tanks and stationed in Viterbo.
  9. Kustosz2137

Semoventi

I've done extensive research on Gruppi Semoventi da 75/18 topic, so I tought that I would post the results for someone who might need these informations in the future. In May 1941 first 60 Semoventi M40 da 75/18 and 30 Carri Comando M40 were ordered. This material was supposed to equip first 6...
  10. Kustosz2137

Battaglioni carri L in 1940

And another one, this time from French campaign 1940. Vehicles belong to II Battaglione of 33º Reggimento. This time they seems to wear regular platoon stripes, although barely visible.
  11. Kustosz2137

The location of the photo is defienietly Europe, vechicles pictured here belonged to III Battaglione of the 31º Reggimento, you can see both regimental and battalion markings on the back plates of the L3. Here's similar one taken in Rjeka 1941, vechicles wear markings of the I Battaglione, 33º...
  12. Kustosz2137

Thank you very much, how about markings of these Lf tanks? If they were issued to btn command, then should they wear a black rectangle for btn HQ company? I've also met TOE that listed the 4 Lf tanks as 4th platoon in each company and additional 4 in HQ, I assume that it's incorrect? I've also...
  13. Kustosz2137

Another, kinda related question. Did mentioned battalions had Lanciafiamme platoons in their structures, like those intended for armored divisions? Also how many platoons each company of such battalion had and how many tanks were in one? In the original thread response was kinda imprecise with...
  14. Kustosz2137

L3 with names.

I've discovered that 3 first photos are CTV vechicles that fought in Spanish Civil War.
  15. Kustosz2137

L3 with names.

Thank you, how about these? Any ideas?