• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by Ptolemy59

1. Ptolemy59

Desert Armour

wait until you find out about ebooks. I constantly see people complaining that maps don't look good on Kindle.
  2. Ptolemy59

Desert Armour

Hi Jeff I noticed them immediately in the hardcover, which I received 2 weeks ago. I went back and checked my corrections emails and every issue had been listed as fixed, but they were still in the final version. I spoke with Osprey about this, but the problem is not specific to that one...
  3. Ptolemy59

Desert Armour

Hi Jeff Of course there are no hard feelings - too much drama on the Internet. If people can help great, if not, no worries. I use NARA all the time - located only 7 miles away - but it was closed to researchers for 2 years, so there was no way to access T-821. COVID was not a fun time to be...
  4. Ptolemy59

Desert Armour

Thanks for the write-up. The basic problem is that publishers impose a great deal of constraints that make it difficult to include all the detail that every body wants. I would have liked 20-30 maps, but I was limited to 10. Additional documentation. such as Gott's orders, would quickly go down...
  5. Ptolemy59

Fate of Italian armour leaders 1940-41

According to the 11th Hussars War Diary, the commander of an Italian light armoured regiment made it past the road block and reached Agedabia, but was captured there on 7 Feb. Could this be commander of the LX Btgl Carri L?
  6. Ptolemy59

Thanks, found a helpful list of valor awards for Italian tankers at www.assocarri.it, which I assume is the association of Italian tankers. According to the large PDF there, on awards, Capitano Giuseppe Sciacchitano (XXI Btgl Carri M) was KIA at Beda Fomm and Iezzi was wounded. All battalion...
  7. Ptolemy59

So the info I have (much of it supplied in previous postings by yourself) is: I Btgl. Carri M Maggiore Victor Ceva II Btgl. Carri M Maggiore Eugenio Campanile III Btgl. Carri M Tenente Colonnello Carlo Ghioldi V Btgl. Carri M Tenente Colonnello Emilio Iezzi VI Btgl. Carri M ???? One thing...
  8. Ptolemy59

I'm trying to ascertain the fate of the medium tank battalion commanders (I, II, III, V, VI) during Operation Compass. Were any killed in action? Were they all captured? Are there any details on Babini's capture/surrender?