• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by WAKEN

1. W

Motorisation of Italian artillery in Operation Crusader November 1941

Thanks Andreas. That makes sense and would match the situation with the German artillery, e.g. the coastal artillery battalions with 155mm guns with no intrinsic transport. Cheers
  2. W

Thanks very much Jeff. Do you have any information on the Corps artillery units? I have seen a photo of a heavy truck towing a trailer in which a 152/37 is being carried in summer 1941 outside Tobruk. Whether LII/8 had that transport intrinsic to it or whether that was assigned purely to move...
  3. W

Hi all, At the time of Operation Crusader in November 1941 the German artillery included a number of 'static' artillery units, principally Coastal Artillery Battalions 523, 528, 529 and 533 (equipped with captured French 155mm guns). They were 'static' as there was no intrinsic transport in...
  4. W

AS TO&E

Thanks David
  5. W

AS TO&E

Brilliant, thanks David :)
  6. W

AS TO&E

Thanks Maurizio. Do you have any details of the TO&E before May 1942?
  7. W

AS TO&E

Did the Bersaglieri infantry battalions in AS have their a different TO&E from other AS infantry battalions and if they did have their own TO&E did it evolve as much as that for other AS infantry battalions did? Cheers, Neil
  8. W

AS TO&E

Thanks. I believe the report shows those units that were missing at the time of the report... they have a dotted line around them
  9. W

AS TO&E

From the Rommel's Riposte site I got this German Kriegsgliederung report for Pavia, presumably produced by a German staff officer attached to the division. Has anyone seen any Kriegsgliederung reports for other Italian formations?
  10. W

Cannone da 65/17 modello 13 and the EP round

Hi Jeff, do you have the UNFOC for other weapons: the 47/32, 75/27, 20/65 and 90/53 in particular? Cheers
  11. W

Solothurn ATR

Hi. Does anyone know what the official ammunition scale was for a Solothurn ATR team, i.e. how many rounds did a team carry? Thanks, Neil
  12. W

Explosive filler

That's great! Thanks very much :)
  13. W

Explosive filler

Got this reply from another website: "I don't know about how Italian production might have differed, but since the Breda used the same 20 x 138B ammo as the German 2 cm Flak 30/38 etc I would assume that the HE contents would be comparable"
  14. W

Explosive filler

Yes, given that a FlaK 30/38 is 6-7g it does seem to be far too high...