• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

ANNUARIO UFFICIALE REGNO D'ITALIA 1938-XVI - Italian Army unit lineages

Eugen Pinak

Maybe this handbook will be useful to somebody on this forum.
Link to read it: https://issuu.com/rivista.militare1/docs/annuario_ufficiale_delle_forze_armate_1938-lav

page_1.jpg

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Nice discovery. An earlier version of L'Esercito e i suoi corpi (1971–1979) and L'Esercito Italiano verso il 2000 (2001–2002). There is some information on the Carabinieri Reali and the Legioni Territoriali not found in the later works.

An interesting omission are the 10º and 11º reggimenti Granatieri di Savoia. These two regiments were formed in 1936, yet are not included in the handbook (at least nowhere I could find).

Thanks!

Pista! Jeff

Eugen Pinak

An interesting omission are the 10º and 11º reggimenti Granatieri di Savoia. These two regiments were formed in 1936, yet are not included in the handbook (at least nowhere I could find).

Indeed. And in general "colonial" part of this book looks like it was written before AOI military establishment was promulgated: Eritrean and Somalian coloniali are shown as separate entities.