• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Fucile Breda 1935 PG e Fucile Areonautico Scotti

Hi, users of Comando Supremo!

An acquaintance of mine is asking me if I can find any documentation in Italian on the Fucile Breda 1935 PG and on the Fucile Areonautico Scotti.

Do you guys have anything?

Best Regards,
E. Salvucci

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
E. Salvucci

Are you looking for official documents/manuals, etc., or just any information?

Forgotten Weapons has a episode on the Breda.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
And the Scotti Model X

Last edited:

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
As neither rifle was adopted, it is unlikely that the RE or the RM wrote/published any manuals. Company records will be the likely source for any details. The military archives would likely have documents on any solicitations and trials, but unknown whether they offer anything else.

The so-called naval rifle just appears to be a variation of the Scotti X. The name in your first post, Fucile Aeronautico Scotti, indicated a RA connection. I would have assumed that the naval rifle would have been called a fucile contraerea.

I wish the posts had included their sources.

As neither rifle was adopted, it is unlikely that the RE or the RM wrote/published any manuals. Company records will be the likely source for any details. The military archives would likely have documents on any solicitations and trials, but unknown whether they offer anything else.

The so-called naval rifle just appears to be a variation of the Scotti X. The name in your first post, Fucile Aeronautico Scotti, indicated a RA connection. I would have assumed that the naval rifle would have been called a fucile contraerea.

I wish the posts had included their sources.
I too: I am making this research for an acquaintance of mine... the only thing that MAYBE could hint to the Fucile Areonautico Scotti was in this manual on the Scotti mod X on Scribd: https://it.scribd.com/document/48325589/Fucile-Scotti-Modello-X

A passage at the start of the manual says that the rifle was obtained by installing the Scotti locking system on a Carcano rifle, the system being known tanks to the 1933(fascist year IX) edition of the magazine "Armes Automatiques Scotti".
Given this, I think is possible that the Fucile Areonautico Scotti could be the prototype of the Modello X: the Scotti Modello IX...