• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Interview with a Folgore veteran

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
The video is subtitled. Well worth watching. I picked up on a few new things. Unfortunately the poster intermixed actual wartime film with clips from the movie, so be aware of what you are looking at. Look for the LUCE logo. It does have ads.

Pista! Jeff

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member

Bry

Never heard that quickly drinking water while dehydrated is a problem.Some had to drink their own urine during the retreat.

1089maul

The video is subtitled. Well worth watching. I picked up on a few new things. Unfortunately the poster intermixed actual wartime film with clips from the movie, so be aware of what you are looking at. Look for the LUCE logo. It does have ads.

Pista! Jeff
What an interesting and emotive series of talks. I love reading and listening to veterans from all nation but obviously from Italy who can be unrepresentative! Carletto is a true hero in my eyes who has explained a soldiers point of view. I do recommend YouTubes Icunowlibra who produced these and many other presentations which are very informative! Bob

Bry

The ex talked about her father placing the mines under the tanks and how terrifying this was.

Bry

And also about the foxholes.He said that at times they had to bury themselves to avoid getting shot.Apparently the soldiers that did not at times,"their heads exploded".