• As some of you know, the old forum database was deleted by the previous administrator. I am attempting to paste any retrievable discussions back into this forum using the internet archive. It won't look pretty - but at least we can preserve some valuable information. Feel free to add to the discussions as these old posts are restored.

Search results

1. D

Organization of the Libyan units

yes 8 pieces ...initially..... yes it is true and I am not surprised but for me the thing a bit incredible is that the 2nd Libyan division has gone from 8 to 18 pieces in the space of two months and then back to 16 .... most likely the pieces that the division had in July were pieces "loaned" by...
  2. D

Organization of the Libyan units

Very interesting discussion ... but I would like to say ... equally unfortunate in the subject ... also because unfortunately it lacks many first-hand or archival evidence over time ..... in my opinion unfortunately even the official sources have sometimes made a bit of confusion handling the...
  3. D

greece 1940 maps

Thankyou very much............strange translation ...22 alpine chasseurs (france language)....... Maurizio
  4. D

greece 1940 maps

Yes I understood it happened a bit like the official Italian story ... the first draft had about 80 diagrams and maps while the second had barely 30 but much smaller and not detailed ..... there is only one question maps referring to the Italian offensive in March ???? Maurizio
  5. D

greece 1940 maps

Soooo interesting, soooo good at rendering, thanks also to Dili for the assembly, Jeff can I know where you bought that book ??? I have another book, however, translated and without illustrations and maps which is called ABRIDGED HISTORY OF THE GREEK – ITALIAN AND GREEK – GERMAN WAR 1940–1941...
  6. D

greece 1940 maps

OK thanks I'm deepening this topic and I really miss the Greek part ..... Hello and thanks Maurizio
  7. D

greece 1940 maps

Sorry even though I know it doesn't have much to do with the main theme but there is by chance someone among you who has some digitized map taken from the Greek official history that shows the Greek deployment at the beginning of the war ... of course scan in legible way ... Thanks in advance...
  8. D

Organization of the Bersaglieri

According to the SME tables of the time, the armored division type 1941 had to have a total of 1187 vehicles including special ones and excluded carried auto armored against the 629 of the type 1940 ... something that not only never was but which also took second place when someone in AS had the...
  9. D

I did not say that there was not a basic nomenclature even in the Royal Army but unfortunately it was often readjusted as needed and always downwards ... as regards the UNFOC in AS they were calculated from time to time on the basis of the missions and of availability there was no universal...
  10. D

I would like to make a general clarification on the TOE theme of the Regio Esercito because over the years I have had the opportunity to see that many especially wargamers are frantically searching for theoretical models to be applied to individual departments of the Royal Army. This "fashion"...
  11. D

Actually, I never had the opportunity to find an Italian TOE for the 47/32 truck company relating to 1940, the only official Toe of that type of unit starts from June 1942 and so it results to me on the basis of a table EMS of the time Squadra cannoni da 47/32 June 1942 1 Sergente...
  12. D

Italian WW2 Casualty list

da : https://www.difesa.it/Il_Ministro/ONORCADUTI/Pagine/Amministrativo.aspx Cognome Nome Data di Nascita Luogo di Nascita FERNANDEZ MICHELE 31/07/1903 LICATA Data di Decesso/Dispersione: 30/12/1943 Luogo Decesso: INDIA Luogo Sepoltura: - FERNANDEZ...
  13. D

Squadroni Appiedati - TO&E?

non è un problema.....
  14. D

Reggimento di cavalleria (1940) -comando, -squadrone comando --plotone comando ---squadra maggiorità ---squadra servizi ---autodrappello --plotone collegamenti ---squadra radio ---squadra portaordini e segnalatori -Gruppo Squadroni (x2) --Squadrone (x2) ---plotone comando ----squadra comando...
  15. D

Ho usato un traduttore simultaneo......
  16. D

Sono di origini italiane anche io.....grazie... All the best Maurizio
  17. D

Reggimento di cavalleria (1940) -comando, -squadrone comando --plotone comando ---squadra maggiorità ---squadra servizi ---autodrappello --plotone collegamenti ---squadra radio ---squadra portaordini e segnalatori -Gruppo Squadroni (x2) --Squadrone (x2) ---plotone comando ----squadra comando...
  18. D

Reggimento di cavalleria -comando, -squadrone comando -Gruppo Squadroni (x2) --Squadrone (x2) ---plotone di cavalleria (3) ----squadra di cavalleria (x3) -squadrone mitraglieri(5.o) --plotone mitraglieri di cavalleria (x4) ---squadra mitraglieri di cavalleria (x3) Cavalry regiment -command...
  19. D

Reggimento San Marco

The one posted by Andreas was not part of the regiment destined for Malta .... it was instead the 3rd San Marco battalion officially constituted on 10 November 1941, bringing together the Command and the Command company of the Bafile battalion, the 3rd rifle company also of the Bafile and the...
  20. D

Phreaps not clear..... i have never seen a TOE of this type of garrison force... All the best Maurizio