• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. W

I found this Italian military archive

JSTOR has the following article in it's library: JOURNAL ARTICLE The Italian Military Records of the Second World War Silvia Trani, Pier Paolo Battistelli War in History, Vol. 17, No. 3 (July 2010), pp. 333-351 Abstract The paper provides a summary and overview of Italian records related to...
  2. W

RE-INFORCEMENTS LYBIA 1940

After reading a really good discussion here on the TOE of the Italian Army in N.A. on June 10, 1940, I was wondering what was sent between September 1 and the end of December, 1940. What arrived and when? Did Mussolini ever send any trucks?
  3. W

Anti-torpedo nets in Tobruk

I see where the anti-torpedo nets of the San Giorgio successfully intercepted 39 torpedoes over 8 months in Tobruk. Anyone know why the Turbine class destroyers there were hit by torpedoes?
  4. W

Is this web page accurate?

This page shows Italian aircraft squadron transfers. When I used it to determine transfers to Cyrenaica in 1940, I counted up 16 squadrons of Cr. 42's and 12 of Sm.79's before December, 1940. I presume this is in error...
  5. W

Aircraft for September ,1940 invasion of Egypt?

What was the OOB in aircraft September 1940? How many fighters in a squadron?