• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. 1089maul

Swan Sinks - Book review.

I wouldn’t normally do another review so soon after the last one in case I bore members and guests! However, I thoroughly enjoyed reading Swan Sinks written by Eric Wiberg which deals with sinking of the SS Cygnet (Greek registered) by Smg Enrico Tazzoli who was commanded the Regia Marina ace...
  2. 1089maul

Operation Pedestal - Book review

For this review I reverted back to my comfort zone, the Regia Marina. I was browsing a bookshop recently and came across Operation Pedestal, The fleet that battled to Malta 1942 by the very much respected author Max Hastings. There are numerous books dedicated to this important episode in the...
  3. 1089maul

Air War East Africa 1940-1941. Book review.

For my third book review I stayed with the Regia Aeronautica. I have had the book for some time and have only just got around to reading it. I have now got into the habit of looking at the bibliography and then the photographs to get a feel for the book. With this book I did have some...
  4. 1089maul

The Chianti Raiders by Peter Haining. Book review.

Let me say from the outset that I really liked this book. It was easy to read and had an easy flow. The Regia Aeronautica‘s (RA) participation in the Battle of Britain normally only gets a small mention in books that study this conflict and sometimes with a little derision. Apart from Lictorian...
  5. 1089maul

Lictorian Fasces over England - book review

Written by Marek Sobski and published by Kagero in their Air Battles series, number 20. As the title suggests, this book is about the involvement of the Regia Aeronautica (RA) in the latter stages of the Battle of Britain during World War 2 from their first bombing raid on the 24th October...
  6. 1089maul

New book on the battleship Roma

Morning all, I have just received a copy of the new book on the battleship Roma! This book is a MUST for anyone with an interest in the Regia Marina. The book is in the Italian language but richly lavished with numerous and unpublished photographs of the vessel itself and the crew. There are...
  7. 1089maul

Have Roma - DVD

Hi all. I have just watched the DVD Nave Roma Le Ultima Ore. This DVD is a MUST for all with an interest in the Regia Marina. I was under the impression that it was a film but is in fact a documentary and features survivors and descendants. The DVD gives a detailed account to the lead up...