• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. D

Maybe a bug in the hardware.....

NOW its OK....... All the best Maurizio
  2. D

nooo .... ooophs is back as before I see instead that my name the name FrancoFB and now also a message ..... As some of you know, the old forum database was deleted by the previous administrator. I am attempting to paste any retrievable discussions back into this forum using the internet...
  3. D

no now everything is fine ..... it's back as before ... all the best Maurizio
  4. D

How come now in the box at the top right instead of appearing the name of the user online appears that of the author of the last post ...... then instead clicking on it appears the exact name of the online user .... .and also does not give me as an online user ..... All the best Maurizio
  5. D

Compagnie avio-sahariane

Despite the continuous reminders of the Italian commands in AS, the delivery of the first samples of "Sahariana" arrived at their destination with considerable delay because the first production batch was destroyed during an air raid on Turin in November 1942. The first eight "Sahariana" they...
  6. D

26th Infantry Division Assietta

The companies are batteries were broken down into sections of 2 pieces each .... even if it doesn't matter much I followed your conversation with Dili in an interesting way about the influx of men in AS from 1st to 10th June and now I'm starting to I also think that in those 6/7 days the...
  7. D

June 1940, north Africa division paper ToE and actual ToE

Gentlemen ... keep in mind that outside of the academic discussions none of the AS 40 type self-transportable divisions was ever completed in the organic, attesting the average number of 7,000 men of those of the line (10th army) as consistency, moreover the chronic lack of vehicles he ensured...
  8. D

In a document lying at the EMS of Rome dating back to November 20, 1940 we read ... Italian presence in SA officers 11085, NCOs 12930, troops (nationals) 191065, troops (Libyans) 33349 for a total of 237,344 men. To these we deduct the personnel transported to Libya in November 1591 soldiers, in...
  9. D

mine its 1950 release.... All the best maurizio
  10. D

don't know what book you have but in the edition I told you there is no note in brackets .... obviously there is no uniqueness ..... however the basic fact is that the attachment 4 is not reliable .... all the best Maurizio
  11. D

No you are wrong .. those arrivals are related to the whole of June 1940 ... see Tav 52a vol1 Military Navy Historical Office year 1950 - Statistical Data All the best Maurizio
  12. D

Obvious also because the statistics of the navy in this regard of June 1940 show 1368 men in all transported during the entire month .... you do .... All the best Maurizio
  13. D

Dili It cannot be that attachment 5 is incomplete or incorrect because the total number of men present on 10 June matches those transported to the AS at that time ..... therefore attachment 4 o is prior to 1st June 1940 or does not take into account the so-called "absent force" which at the...
  14. D

Franco.... Unless the divisional story (Curcio Rubertini in SME acts) is not a sensational false the times of mobilization of the division were those .... the fact that you can compare the two corps (22.o 23.o) it seems to me equally unlikely also given that the 23rd at that time did not have...
  15. D

Franco... The Catanzaro division was a self-transporting AS 40 division mobilized in May 1940 between Modena and Tuscany. She had arrived in AS staggered between 9 and 30 June 1940. It is also true that part of her staff had "inherited" it from CCNN departments belonging to the dissolved CCNN...
  16. D

R-35s around Anzio?

The only R35s that fought in Italy were those supplied to the Centauro Groups that fought in Sicily ... moreover, certainly the reference to Group D is due to that because part of the wagons was part of the Mobile Group D initially located in Misterbianco ... . to me, however, it seems a big...
  17. D

Organization of the Libyan units

yes 8 pieces ...initially..... yes it is true and I am not surprised but for me the thing a bit incredible is that the 2nd Libyan division has gone from 8 to 18 pieces in the space of two months and then back to 16 .... most likely the pieces that the division had in July were pieces "loaned" by...
  18. D

Organization of the Libyan units

Very interesting discussion ... but I would like to say ... equally unfortunate in the subject ... also because unfortunately it lacks many first-hand or archival evidence over time ..... in my opinion unfortunately even the official sources have sometimes made a bit of confusion handling the...
  19. D

greece 1940 maps

Thankyou very much............strange translation ...22 alpine chasseurs (france language)....... Maurizio
  20. D

greece 1940 maps

Yes I understood it happened a bit like the official Italian story ... the first draft had about 80 diagrams and maps while the second had barely 30 but much smaller and not detailed ..... there is only one question maps referring to the Italian offensive in March ???? Maurizio