• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. 1089maul

Battle of the Alps 1940 (Mussolini's War series)

I, too, have now read this book. I deliberately didn’t read Jeff’s review in order to keep my own views open. Firstly, what was my own knowledge of the French campaign. Very little apart from what I read on Wikipedia and short passages in other books. This book has improved my knowledge in...
  2. 1089maul

Photos of Generals

Alpino, Great photo to have found after so much time! Bob
  3. 1089maul

Battle of the Alps 1940 photos

Alpini, Great photographs, thanks for sharing. Curt reading a book on the Battle of the Alps! Bob
  4. 1089maul

Archivio dell'Esercito Italiano

Excellent photo!!!! You must be very proud of him! Bob
  5. 1089maul

Mussolini's War series

Marek, In relation to the blockade runners sailing from Bordeaux to the Far East, look at the main Comando Supremo website. Giulio has written a short piece on them. Just starting Starting the Battle of the Alps book! Regards, Bob
  6. 1089maul

Archivio dell'Esercito Italiano

ItalianGirl54, I am glad that you are making progress with looking into your father’s military history! Would It be possible for you put a picture of your father on this thread in his uniform? I always think that it is nice to get the face of the person being researched. Regards and good luck...
  7. 1089maul

Death of the Julia Division Memoirs of an Officer - Book Review.

I came across this book by chance when browsing the internet. Having now read it, I was in two minds as whether I should write a review. This book as the title suggests is the memoirs of an officer who fought in Greece and does not cover military doctrine, order of battles or any of the usual...
  8. 1089maul

Mussolini's War series

I should add that I have communicated with him on a separate matter!
  9. 1089maul

Mussolini's War series

Marek, I sympathise with the difficulties that you are faced with. Have a look at the Regia Marina section of this forum and you will see a thread entitled U-Boat Net adds an Italian Section. This is separated site from Commando Supremo. The author of the Italian section is platon-alexiades. I...
  10. 1089maul

Mussolini's War series

Marek/Jeff, Just got home and had a quick look. Jeff, I agree that you have a rogue book. My copy has the table of contents together with all the maps. I haven’t had a chance to read the book so can’t really comment on the contents yet. I have had a mad spurt lately and have purchased four or...
  11. 1089maul

Mussolini's War series

Hi both. My book has arrived but I am not currently at home. Will check it later today and update this thread. Regards, Bob
  12. 1089maul

German and Italian Aircraft Carriers of World War II

Hi all, Books arrived today. Re the aircraft carrier book, I am afraid the the student interested in the Regia Marina, I cannot recommend it unles you have read in absolutely nothing about the Italian carriers. There are 41 pages of texts, photos and diagrams. There are 29 pages devoted to the...
  13. 1089maul

Mussolini's War series

Marek, I look forward to read it. Italy’s invasion of France is a subject that I have read much about. Regards, Bob
  14. 1089maul

German and Italian Aircraft Carriers of World War II

This book is available tomorrow. I have ordered it purely out of curiosity together with a book on Macchi 202 and 205 combat units. I am hoping to learn something new Re. The aircraft carriers. Regards, Bob
  15. 1089maul

Memoirs or personal accounts

Eric, I recommend Alamein An Italian Story by Paolo Caccia-Dominioni. He served with the Folgore towards the end of the North African campaign then afterwards collecting bodies for burial in respective cemeteries. Regards, Bob
  16. 1089maul

Missing Plane-Help with research

Tony, Thanks for sharing. It is always good to see the face off relatives mentioned on the forum! Bob
  17. 1089maul

Missing Plane-Help with research

Tony, Do you have any photographs of your Nonno that you could share on this forum? Regards, Bob
  18. 1089maul

Semovente da 75/34

Now attached!
  19. 1089maul

Semovente da 75/34

Hang on, wrong photo !