• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. G

Strange vessel Venchione

Hello, According to some German KTBs they managed to seize in Greece after the Armistice an Italian vessel Venchione. It was renamed to GP 05 or GP 04. I was not able to figure out any vessel with similar name. I wonder whether it could be Regina Vincitrice later V 198 and AS 83. According to...
  2. G

Italian merchant ships under Allied control - September 1943

Hello, Maybe as a team work of our community we would be able to prepare a complete list of Italian merchant ships (over 100 GRT) which managed to get under Allied control after the Armistice. I tried to work on this in the last weeks and I managed to prepare a preliminary list which is...
  3. G

VAS - Vedette Anti Sommergibile

Hi All, I have a detailed question to vedetta anti sommergibile (VAS). 3 units were built in Soriente Salerno shipyard. VAS 243 was completed and transferred to Castellammare di Stabia. VAS 244 was in transfer but was sunk on 8/9/43. I have a question to VAS 245. When she was completed and...