• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. B

Civilian accounts of life in Libya during the war

The actual number of Jews liberated at Giado is of some interest to me.Number of inmates has variously been listed as between 2500 and 3500 iirc.Fairly certain only the very young were liberated there.
  2. B

Supermarina's Cryptographic Service

The Italians were waiting for them Jeff.They knew where and they knew when.
  3. B

Fisk is a reporter who managed to get some access.I dont know much about him.I did read that the Israelis had quietly conducted an investigation of the sea floor offshore in the vicinity of the suspected interception point a few years ago.
  4. B

I figured you might be connected to Andy.As I said,I contacted the archives and had several email exchanges with them It is simply a point in time where an examination of any encoded transmissions might be of interest.
  5. B

Furthermore the supposed launch had neither the speed nor range to cover the distance required.
  6. B

There was never any motor launch by that name ever registered. The whereabouts of the sub are classified for May 41,I have checked with the National Archives about 15 years ago.
  7. B

No expert here.I just know that OVRA was waiting for them.Likely in a Vichy French boat.The British will deny involvement.May 1941 records are sealed for the Sea Lion. https://www.independent...
  8. B

No expert here.I just know that OVRA was waiting for them.Likely in a Vichy French boat.The British will deny involvement.May 1941 records are sealed for the Sea Lion. https://www.independent co.uk/voices/commentators/fisk/robert-on-the-trail-of-a-dead-british-major-in-vichy-lebanon-2070153.html
  9. B

The mission and exact positioning of the HMS Sea Lion(72S) during Operation Boatswain on May 18,1941.
  10. B

Did Italian Paratroopers jump with all their stuff?

Decided to order this.
  11. B

Italian Snipers

Father-in-law said they were impractical and prone to damage.Timo did not need a scope.Neither did Italians.
  12. B

Italian cemetery in Ethiopia

Some are not maintained.
  13. B

Infantrymen of the Air

July 14 from Amazon.
  14. B

Interview with a Folgore veteran

And also about the foxholes.He said that at times they had to bury themselves to avoid getting shot.Apparently the soldiers that did not at times,"their heads exploded".
  15. B

The ex talked about her father placing the mines under the tanks and how terrifying this was.
  16. B

Never heard that quickly drinking water while dehydrated is a problem.Some had to drink their own urine during the retreat.
  17. B

Italian Involvement in Palestine 1939-1939

Any chance of a translation?
  18. B

Infantrymen of the Air

Should be interesting.
  19. B

Italy at War, week by week (Project)

Sounds interesting.