• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. D

Markings of Gruppi Semoventi

According to Tallilo brothers: DLI - two-colour triangles facing downwards. With a white vertical stripe in 2nd battery. DLII - two-colour triangles facing upwards. The colours are switched in 2nd battery DLIV - red geometric figures DLVI - red circles with white numbers and white circles with...
  2. D

ITALIAN PATCH, AIR FORCE PILOT WINGS WW2

Sorry, I have no skills nor knowledge necessary to distinguish a modern reproduction from a WWII original. Cheers DC
  3. D

ITALIAN PATCH, AIR FORCE PILOT WINGS WW2

I don't know its value but I am fairly sure that this is a patch from a GNR (Guardia Nazionale Repubblicana) hat. These are not wings next to the fasces but heavily stylized letters "M".
  4. D

Semovente 76/46 and 90/53 question

A short addendum Book La Meccanizzazione Dell'esercito Italiano dalle Origini al 1943 vol 1 part 2 mentions an OKH document that listed vehicles acquired (acquisi - but it is not citation) to 31st October '44. Among them are 6 semoventi da 75/46.
  5. D

Nothing of interest in Panzerwrecks. Just a caption that pictures are from spring/summer '44 and some speculation about unit of origin clarified in addenda linked by you.
  6. D

Thanks for clarification Jeff
  7. D

Hi Jeff Your wallet's sacrifice is much appreciated. Not much cleared indeed when it comes to the '45 production. Panzer Tracts' report speaks specifically about six 75/46 cannons produced in february/march, two of them fitted on chassises, so we would have to assume a mistake on the German side...
  8. D

Bizzare. The 914th brigade did indeed have StuG m43 853(i) in spring/summer '44 - because that's German designation for semovente 105/25 (31 - full roster). They switched to German equipment in August/September when their semoventi had been worn down to just handfull in working condition. This...
  9. D

For me the answear would be (excluding da 105/25 for a moment; did they still intend to produce it?): because without the 75/46 a chassis could still be easily modified to accomodate 75/34. This is how the m43 75/34 was created in the first place - they did not want the chssises wait for the...
  10. D

Hi Jeff I completely agree with most of your observations on P-T 19. The Beutepanzer books are for sure the weakest in the series and a source of only supplementary information on Italian vehicles. However, I do believe that you are overly cautious when it comes to the production numbers of...
  11. D

Yes, the German (Aufstellungsstab Sud) returns exist and are cited in Jentz/Regenberg Panzer-Tracks 19-02. They confirm that in addition to 7 semoventi produced in 1944, two were produced in January/February '45 and two in March with 4 more guns and 12 chassises avaiable as of March '45...