• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. A

Albino Gelci, my great-grandfather

I can not find the thread to engineers, maybe you can locate the tread and post the link here? Thank you!
  2. A

RE: Unit Thank you for research, it is greatly appreciated! Do you think that maybe his unit in april 1942 was 2ª cp., XXXII btg. genio pontieri and port is a typo, or is it unclear or unknown with current information? Besides this I can get his ruolo matricolare but I can't think of anything...
  3. A

I have learned a lot from you and I thank you for that! But there is still problem with identifying his company. How rare is to have missing first page of matricola, maybe archive in Trieste forgot to scan it? When I contacted archivio di stato di Trieste they sad they can sent me the scan of...
  4. A

For occupation I think it states Ormeggiatore, moorer in english. So, "portuale" would make sense. I don't know what "portuale" in regards to unit designation means, was that company in charge of logistics in port? (eg. unloading supplies) But he was held by the English, or are you just writing...
  5. A

I also didn't know first page was missing, archive didn't sent it, I guess they don't have it. I don't have any more papers about his service, what papers could exist? What could mean Bty Pontieri 2a Comp? Comando Akarit P.M. 11(that should be identification of command position?) Also, I don't...
  6. A

Last 3 lines on page 3 reads: “Partito in volo dall’aeroporto di Castelvetrano li 11/4/1942” “Giunto in volo all’aeroporto di Castelbenito li 11/4/1942” “Giunto in terr(itorio) di L.(=Libia?) in stato di guerra li 11/4/1942” This was read by lady that works in archivio di stato di Trieste but it...
  7. A

Sorry, here is a link to matricola and documentation regarding capture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R3zdOyELMUkMGPB-yGKcAzklto35aTtT/view?usp=sharing So, I actually need help reading his matricular papers. From matricola it is visible that he was in 28th regg. fant. from october 1940 and...
  8. A

Hi, I am trying to find more information about locations and 'war path' of the unit my great-grandfather was a part of. I have his military papers (matricola) which I am attaching in this message. He was born near Labin, Istria, Croatia then Italy. Matricola was obtained from archivio di stato...