• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. K

Ration cards

I'm back again with another question. This is to do with food rationing. My understanding is that if you were a member of the Fascist Party this entitled you to receive food rations. No card = no food. I think this is right. However, I'm finding mixed sources - some say it was the Fascist badge...
  2. K

General Perida Negri (?)

Looking at my research notes, I can tell you he died in 1954. Not sure where or how. I think I came across him in another book recently. Will check.
  3. K

Political exiles

Thank you so much!! I find this aspect of Italy in WWII so very fascinating - daily life under Fascism.
  4. K

Political exiles

Thanks to Jeff for answering my question on conscription :) Now, I have another one and would be very grateful for any responses. I am researching political (or domestic) exiles. My understanding is that those against the Fascist regime were sent to Italian islands or to remote villages in the...
  5. K

Conscription

Eccellente!!! and thank you so very much. I was on the right track as I thought medical reasons would rule one out. As I'm dealing with a domestic exile (i.e. anti-fascist) then I think that would fall under "deprived of political rights". But anyway the above is more than I had, so thank you...
  6. K

Conscription

Thank you Dili, that's kind of you. Hopefully, someone might know something.
  7. K

Conscription

Anyone?
  8. K

Mario Bellagambi birth/death data

Air Vice-Marshal Mario Bellagambi 1915-2001 - as above. That is correct - born and died in Florence.
  9. K

Conscription

Hello. I am new to this site - apologies if I'm busting some rules:) I have looked at Discussion but can't find what I'm after. I am a historian and I write for the Ancient History Encyclopedia. By night, I'm a fiction writer and am currently writing a novel set in northern Italy in the run-up...