• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. G

Military cap identification

Thanks, Bob!
  2. G

Thanks much, Bob!
  3. G

Ok cool. I had seen another fregio with the snakes that didn't have the star, but now that I know what it's called, I was able to do a search and determined that the one without the star was for pharmacists.
  4. G

Do you know what the star on the khaki berretto signifies?
  5. G

That makes sense. I think that one is probably my great-uncle's then. He served in the Italian army from 1947 until I think the mid-70s, and rose to the rank of colonel in the medical corps (he was a doctor). They were both hanging on the hat rack in his front hall when he died, so I had assumed...
  6. G

Hello! Does anyone know the vintage of this khaki visored beret? My great-grandfather reached the rank of general (brevet two-star during WWII) in the regio esercito, and while the grigio-verde cap from his dress uniform is easy enough to ID, this khaki one—it fits more like a visored beret—is...