• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. S

Must have books

Thanks for that warning Jeff, now I understand it better. Cheers!
  2. S

Must have books

Hi, Courage Alone does list the Stormo for each Gruppo it discusses in the book. The data is identical to "Combat Units of the Regia Aeronautica" book. But perhaps you wanted a list of Stormo and what Gruppi were in each? I was glad to find Courage Alone because "Combat Units" stops about 2/3...
  3. S

The structure of Italian high commands

Thanks both for the informative replies. I don't think the Italians had an easy time during any of the war years, but when I think of what terrible massacres and mistakes there were before June 41 when the Comando Supremo was implemented, it is quite telling! The disastrous invasions of Greece...
  4. S

The structure of Italian high commands

Excellent information helping me to understand this complex structure and how it changed radically in June 1941. So if I understand correctly, the strategic direction for all services and regions was brought together at the Comando Supremo level, SUPERCOMANDO, to which the services or regional...
  5. S

Battistelli's Mussolini's Army at War

Interesting history of where this book has come from, thanks! I suppose the big bonus for english readers is that this is now accessible. I'm really into Orders of Battle and found the book interesting to browse; slightly confusing on some topics, but thought that was me! I totally agree...