• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. J

The Naval War in the Mediterranean, 1940-1943

Thanks for the note. But I don't do social media and have never had a facebook account.
  2. J

Piaggio 108 Maintenance Manual

Is your Piaggio 108 bomber in need of an overhaul, is it due for regular maintenance, or needs some parts? Then this is for you Piaggio 108 maintenance manual Found on Internet Archive
  3. J

Velivoli MACCHI

This book on aircraft built by Macchi showed up for downloading at Internet Archive. It covers the years 1912 - 1963.Thought it might be of some interest to list members Velivoli MACCHI
  4. J

Thanks again I have the one on the right, worn but not quite as much as your copy:)
  5. J

Thanks! I believe that is the one I have. I have another one these authors wrote that is more of a pamphlet bigger with fewer pages and also covers the army and air force, with, if I remember correctly, orders of battle for all three forces as of June 10, 1940 Also if I remember correctly I...
  6. J

Discovered this book on the Naval Institute Press website The Naval War in the Mediterranean, 1940-1943 I have a similar soft cover book by the same authors that I bought years ago so I don't know if this is a reprint, a revised version or, to quote Monty Python's Flying Circus, "and now for...
  7. J

Board games

The best one, in my humble opinion, was part of GDW's Europa series: Western Desert/Near East/Torch. With Torch and its rules you could play all three combined as War in the Desert The later revised version, by John Astell and GR/D, combining all three, and called "War in the Desert" was one of...
  8. J

mitraglice leggero Scotti M1937

The only reference I can find to a Scotti LMG is in MILITARY ARMS OF THE 20th CENTURY - 7th Edition, by Ian V. Hogg and John S. Weeks, where there is an entry (but no photograph) for "Machine gun, System Scotti, Model 28" (manufactured by Isotta-Fraschini SpA. Turin)(caliber 7.7mm [303 British]...
  9. J

Battle of Mechilli-Derna January 1941

Happy to have been of assistance And FWIW The volumes of official Italian Army history of the war in North Africa can be found on ISSUU, you can read them but not download them. https://issuu.com/search?q=le+operazioni+in+africa+settentrionale Part One of the first volume...
  10. J

Battle of Mechilli-Derna January 1941

Not a book, a Master of Military Art and Science Thesis from the CARL site Fallen eagles: the Italian 10th Army in the opening campaign in the western desert, June 1940 - December 1940. https://cgsc.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/p4013coll2/id/597/rec/1
  11. J

Libyan Divisions June 10, 1940

Thanks Jeff. I was relying on the article listing Italian Army armies, corps and divisions in that edition of Rivista Militaire And my command of Italian is practically non-existent (have use Google translate a lot) Merry Christmas
  12. J

Oops. 2a Divisione Libica was under command TENTH Army at Tobruk. :oops:
  13. J

From this source, to be found and viewed on ISSU pages from rivista militaire (at pages 355 to 358) It would appear that 1a Divisione Libica was under command of Tenth Army in June 1940 and stationed near Bir el Gobi; and that 2a Divisione Libica was under command of Fifth Army in June 1940...
  14. J

Mac 202 CL-111 Maggoire Andrea Favini

In the indexes to Christopher Shores et al, monumental (five volumes) A History of the Mediterranean Air War 1940-1945, I could only find two references to Favina: In Volume One: North Africa June 1940 - January 1942 at page 297, as commander of "153o Gruppo CT (Derna) MC.200" in the Axis Air...
  15. J

Chronache della Guerra

A number of editions of this wartime publication were put up on Internet Archive sometime ago, covering 1939 - 1942, "Chronicles of the War". My knowledge of the Italian language is practically non-existent, but I think, according to this publication, the Axis are winning. The Coty perfume ads...
  16. J

Wartime Egypt & Cyrenaica 1:250,00 maps

Not sure where to post this link Egypt and Cycrenaica 1:250,000 War Office maps - 16 in all. Covering from western Cyrenaica and east to El Arish Published in 1943
  17. J

Royal Air Force Historical Branch Translations from Captured German Documents

Glad to have been of some small assistance. A friend of mine in Scotland directed me to the site some years ago. The captured German and Italian documents are a recent addition I think. The RAF historical monographs are dry reading but can be interesting. There is an interesting monograph of...
  18. J

Royal Air Force Historical Branch Translations from Captured German Documents

Discovered the Air Historical Branch had added some more documents. These are The following German documents were translated by the Air Historical Branch after the Second World War. They vividly record the German perspective on wartime air operations, the progressive decline of the Luftwaffe...
  19. J

Naval Intelligence Division -Geographic Handbook Italy-Vol-iv

Ran across this old thread while looking for books on Italo-Ethiopian War Volume 1, 2, 3, 4 of the Naval Intelligence Division's Geographic Handbook on Italy are now available for downloading at Internet Archive (there are two copies of Volume 4) NID Geographical Handbook Italy
  20. J

Maritime navigation charts

Maps of Bardia, Derna, Tobruch and Tobruch harbor can be found in this War Office publication Military Report on Libya 1936 Unfortunately the "Map of Libya" which included maps of Tripoli and Bengasi with an inset of Bengasi harbor is missing