• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. Kustosz2137

LI & LII Battaglioni Carri M

Basically I'm lookin for some information about these two M tank battalions that I couldn't find to this point, there are also my few thoughts; — Why their numbers were so different from other battalions? Why they were named out of order? — What's going on with LII? Why was it even created and...
  2. Kustosz2137

L3 with names.

Hi, recently I saw multiple photos of L3 tanks with such white names written on their sides (as attached). Does anyone knows what unit might it be? Was this characteristic for one, or just something that multiple of them did? They are pretty similar to those used by Legione Tagl
  3. Kustosz2137

Motorization of artillery in AS

I was wondering, what was estimated average level of motorization in artillery regiments used during campaign in the AS? I'm expecting that answer will vary, based on type of the division of particular regiment, so ones that interest me the most are D. Corazzata, D. Motorizzata, D. Fanteria and...
  4. Kustosz2137

Battaglioni carri L in 1940

I'm looking for TOE of Italian light tank (tankettes) battalions that were used in 1940 invasion of Egipt: XX btg. "Randaccio" of Comando Truppe della Tripolitania, XXI btg. "Trombi" of Comando Truppe della Cirenaica, LX btg. per Divisione Sabartha, LXI btg. per Divisione Sirte, LXII btg...
  5. Kustosz2137

Colonnello Luigi Supini

I'm looking for information about Colonnello Luigi Supini, he was most propably connected in some way with 19º Reggimento "Cavalleggeri Guide", or "San Giusto" armored group. In April 1943 he was present in Sebenico in Croatia. That's really all I know about this person.
  6. Kustosz2137

3 questions about armored divisions tipo AS

1. According to Jeff's article about AS divisions in 1941 variant of Divisione Corazzata there were two regimental command units: " -Compagnia Comando (Command Company) —Regimental command group (11 medium tanks) —Command Company with a command tank, liaison platoon (6 radio tanks) and three...
  7. Kustosz2137

Semoventi in Slovenia

So I've just read about section (2 guns) of DLIV Gruppo Semoventi 75/18 divided from it's original unit and sent to occupied Slovenia. According to author it entered combat in April 1942 as part of II Corpo d'Armata called "sectione antisabotaggio", commanded by tenente Antonio Breda. The...
  8. Kustosz2137

Gruppi Semoventi da 105/25

I can't find much about them in the net, I'd like to know how many of these groups were created in total and which one saw combat. I've met with such designated as DC, DCI and DCII in different articles, however I've noticed that info about DC and DCI is often mixed. I also know that one of...
  9. Kustosz2137

Additional platoons in Ariete at El Alamein

Hello again! Sorry for posting many short threads recently (I hope it doesn't counts as spamming), but I just can't find answers for my questions anywhere else. Anyways; today I have met with information, that Ariete division received two additional platoons for their companies for El Alamein...
  10. Kustosz2137

Maletti group and II tank battalion M

Shortly after it's arrival on 8th July 1940 one of two II Battaglione carri M's companies was detached and became part of the Raggruppamento Maletti. On 29 August during formation of Reserva Corazzata main part of the battalion became part of the II tankers group "Trivioli", but that one company...
  11. Kustosz2137

132 tank regiment

Hi, I need some info about 132nd tank regiment from Ariete division; Once I've read somewhere that 132nd was only Italian tank regiment that was completed (reached it's assumed strength; 3 medium tanks battalions, each with 4 companies, 3 platoons by 5 tanks in each company), but I don't really...
  12. Kustosz2137

Needed help with identification.

There is this photo of 75/18, propably from DLIX Gruppo Semoventi; as we can see there is name on the driver's hatch, but I can't read what's written here. Maybe someone speaking Italian could help?
  13. Kustosz2137

Gruppo Mobile E

Hi! I have two questions about Gruppo mobile E from CI Battaglione Carri 'R35' on which I can't find reliable answers anywhere on the internet. The first one is: how many tanks belonged to mobile groups (companies) equipped with R35s? Majority of sources states that they were 16, while some...
  14. Kustosz2137

Weird M11/39 markings

Hi! Some time ago I've found this photo of M11/39. As you can see, there is marking of 2nd tank of 4th platoon. This made me wonder - which unit has companies made of 4 platoons? When trying to do my own research in the internet I've also found another weird photo, this time showing number 7...
  15. Kustosz2137

Markings of Gruppi Semoventi

Hi! I'm seeking for some information about markings used by particular batteries of Gruppi Semoventi 75/18 (DLI - DLXI) that served in Italian army. Informations about their insignia are very inconsistent in the internet and I can't say which are the real ones. I tried to gather some knoweldge...