• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. Turbulent98

Official histories

They will not be making a fortune out of that enterprise but at the same time it deters researchers so less people come looking. It is a vicious circle that I see happening across many diverse repositories of history. If I was being cynical I would say that those who control the past control the...
  2. Turbulent98

Official histories

Hello Jeff. My original link took you to a page that had multiple books that could be downloaded but I don’t see this on the new page.
  3. Turbulent98

Official histories

The website has had some alterations and my link no longer works. Does anybody have an address for where these documents have moved to?
  4. Turbulent98

Buon Natale

5. Turbulent98

Tobruk conference

Hopefully some of the conference will be recorded and uploaded onto the internet. This the UK advice about travel to Libya- The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advise against all travel to Libya. This advice has been in place consistently since 2014. If you’re in Libya against...
  6. Turbulent98

Tobruk conference

I saw today on X that there is to be a conference next month at Tobruk University regarding Tobruk during WW2.
  7. Turbulent98

Forum Issues

I had a problem around 2330z last night logging in. The failure message said that GoDaddy was blocking my ip address. It is back to normal now.
  8. Turbulent98

The Naval war in the Mediterranean 1940-1943 Greene Massignani

I was hoping to obtain a copy of the file.
  9. Turbulent98

Navi e Poltrone

I read it before I posted here. The wiki page about it is poor and I was hoping to hear some other opinions.
  10. Turbulent98

Supermarina's Cryptographic Service

I have a bookmark to the archive page with all of the translated usmm volumes but this one isn’t on that list.One of the volumes that has been translated is missing ten pages
  11. Turbulent98

Navi e Poltrone

Whilst reading a Royal Navy staff history I came across a reference to the book Navi e Poltrone by Signor Trizzino. The note states that the author was sued by Admiral Brivonesi for libel in November 1953, found guilty, ordered to pay a fine of 10466000 lire and imprisoned for two years and four...
  12. Turbulent98

Italy’s war aims and expected length of conflict

Not a trick question but an an area that I know very little about.Thank you for the reply
  13. Turbulent98

Italian naval propaganda

This card is an example of Italian naval propaganda but what message is it trying to convey?
  14. Turbulent98

Supermarina's Cryptographic Service

14th-27th of May 1941 Sealion was at Portsmouth refitting. The boat was in home waters for most of the year. The daily positions of the boat taken from Control Room logs and Patrol reports are available on u-boat.net . I ask you again what your post has to do with the Supermarina Cryptographic...
  15. Turbulent98

Italy’s war aims and expected length of conflict

I often come across references to documents which state that Italy had only prepared to fight for a few months. One such is a British document-Weekly Intelligence report number 14 (June 1940) which states that the based upon a report written by Admiral Cavagnari ,the expected duration was three...
  16. Turbulent98

SM.79 for sell

The website I mention above is fascinating and there is also a photograph of the nose section of a Caproni Ca. 309 http://fjexpeditions.com/frameset/history.htm
  17. Turbulent98

SM.79 for sell

There are the remains of two SM.79 destroyed in 1940 in the Libyan desert that can be seen on the webpage of an expedition to the area in 2003. http://fjexpeditions.com/frameset/oct03.htm
  18. Turbulent98

The POW file is mentioned in the book on P271 but they fail to give the file reference number for it. In other chapters there are numbers relating to notes that do not exist. 0/10 for proof reading. Calling every vessel THE in the text really annoys me
  19. Turbulent98

Thanks for the link Jeff. I will have to go through the book footnotes and make a list.I have noticed that in the second edition of the book some of the footnotes are either missing or incorrect. The Raspin book and a file they mention about Italian ships transporting POW would be the first two...