• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. M

So, what did happen to Benito Mussolini?

The Italian Fascist dictator fled his villa on Lake Garda together with his leading supporters and German bodyguards on the 18th of April 1945 in an attempt to escape the advancing Allied armies. He was captured in Dongo on Lake Como on the 27th and shot next day alongside his young lover...
  2. M

Books on British and Allied prisoners of war, escape and evasion, special operations, air supply, and resistance.

The results of over twenty years researching and writing about wartime Italy are distilled into my military history books. Three of the titles are available in Kindle from Amazon and five more are in paperback and two in hardcover. The eBooks books are available from Amazon sites worldwide...
  3. M

'A very accurate description of what took place in Italy in 1945'

This is an insightful review from the United States of my new book on Mussolini. WILLIAM (BILL) CORVO, the son of Major Max Corvo, Operations Officer of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) Secret Intelligence in wartime Italy, writes: ' I have just completed my reading of Malcolm Tudor's...
  4. M

The Announcement of the Italian Armistice and Surrender

In a surprise radio message on the evening of the 8th of September 1943, Marshal Pietro Badoglio, head of the Military Government which had replaced Mussolini, announced the Armistice and Surrender of the Italian Forces to General Dwight D Eisenhower, Commander-in-Chief of the Allied Forces. The...
  5. M

'Mussolini, the Last 10 Days, a New Investigation'

https://www.emiliapublishing.com/mussolini-last-days.php https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mussolini-Last-10-Days-Investigation/dp/1915292867/ Paperback and Kindle ... Italian Fascist dictator Benito Mussolini fled his villa on Lake Garda together with his German bodyguards and leading supporters on...
  6. M

Books on Italy in WW2 by Anglo-Italian author Malcolm Tudor

Over twenty years of researching and writing about wartime Italy are distilled into my books. Five of the titles are available in paperback: 'British Prisoners of War in Italy: Paths to Freedom,' 'Beyond the Wire,' 'Escape from Italy 1943-45,' 'At War in Italy 1943-1945,' and 'Mussolini, the...
  7. M

Mussolini and the Allied Secret Services

For the subject my latest book on wartime Italy, I've chosen to provide the solution to one of the great mysteries of the Second World War: How did Benito Mussolini really die? Was it simply an execution by Italian partisans or were foreign secret agents involved? The Communist Party claimed...
  8. M

Mussolini and the British and American secret services, SOE and OSS

How did Benito Mussolini really die? Was it simply an execution by Italian partisans or were foreign secret agents involved? The Communist Party said that he had been shot by a mysterious partisan known as Colonel Valerio, usually identified later as the accountant Walter Audisio. But many...