• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. W

Motorisation of Italian artillery in Operation Crusader November 1941

Hi all, At the time of Operation Crusader in November 1941 the German artillery included a number of 'static' artillery units, principally Coastal Artillery Battalions 523, 528, 529 and 533 (equipped with captured French 155mm guns). They were 'static' as there was no intrinsic transport in...
  2. W

Explosive filler

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the amount of explosive filler the mortar bombs/HE shells fired by the following weapons. Can anyone help? 45mm Brixia mortar 47/32 65/17 75/27 77/28 81/14 100/17 105/28 149/12 149/35 149/40 152/37 Thanks!
  3. W

AS TO&E

Hi everyone. Does anyone have the TO&E that would have been in place at the time of Crusader for the following units? Machinegun battalion (I believe the Genova battalion was in the Bardia fortress and 27th Infantry Division Brescia had a divisional MG bn). Engineer company in a divisional...
  4. W

A.S. Infantry Regiment questions

Hi, I am looking for some details for the Infantry Regiments organised as below in June 1940, detail copied from this page: https://comandosupremo.com/tipo-africa-settentrionale/ My questions are in CAPITALS letters Divisione di fanteria autotrasportabile tipo A.S. (d. at.) Two Infantry...
  5. W

ammunition carried

Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me what the official ammunition load was for the following: 6.5mm M1891 rifle - I believe the infantry had 2 ammunition pouches each with 4 x 6 round clips. So that would give 8 clips plus one in the rifle for a total of 54 rounds. Is that right? 6.5mm M1891...