• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

I found this Italian military archive

Wargames

JSTOR has the following article in it's library:

JOURNAL ARTICLE

The Italian Military Records of the Second World War

Silvia Trani, Pier Paolo Battistelli

War in History, Vol. 17, No. 3 (July 2010), pp. 333-351

Abstract​

The paper provides a summary and overview of Italian records related to the Second World War held in Italian archives, with particular emphasis on the military records which may offer detailed insights, at every level, into Italian politics, strategy, and conduct of the war. Until recently these have been seldom used by non-Italian historians, and their wider use will help to fill a major gap in historical research, though limited access to many archives and the dispersal of records are still likely to hamper any large-scale research.

Journal Information​

Published quarterly, War in History is a peer reviewed journal that publishes articles on war in all its aspects: economic, social, political and military including the study of naval forces, maritime power and air forces, as well as more narrowly defined military matters.

address:

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Wargames

My apologies, but this post got lost in my memory.

Thank you for the link to the article. As I am planning a visit to the archive in Rome this coming April, it offers some useful information. I have a slight early article titled Clio, Mars, and Wine: Tracking Down Military Documents in Italy by Niccolò Capponi published in the Journal of Military History, 2008. Not as positive as the one you presented.

Pista! Jeff

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I must say that my four days in the archive were quite pleasant. Staff was very helpful and I was able to access more than expected. The only down side was so much to read, so little time.