• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

52ª Divisione fanteria Torino

stechuskaktus

Hi,

I’m searching books, pictures, videos or any other kind of information about the Torino division. Could anybody help me with that?

Cheers and thanks in advance
Eric

PS: If this post does not belong here please let me know. I’m quite new to this forum.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Eric!

If you are looking for pictures of the d.f. «Torino» in general, the this folder is okay. If you are looking for pictures specific to the division while it was in Russia, I can move this thread to that folder.

I am away from my library, so can't offer any immediately assistance. Hopefully others here can offer some assistance.

Pista! Jeff

stechuskaktus

I’m searching for pictures etc. in general but mostly in the Russian campaign.
So both options are right in some kind.

Thanks!

cheers
Eric

DrG

If pictures are your first interest, you can check this book (I use this link because it provides a preview of the contents, but you can find this book at lower prices): Pier Luigi Bertinaria, La tragedia italiana sul fronte russo (1941-1943), Bruno Ghigi Editore, 1992.
Otherwise you might make a research at the photo archive of the USSME: http://www.esercito.difesa.it/storia/Ufficio-Storico-SME/Pagine/Archivio-fotografico.aspx . You can also check the links which I have posted here: Archivio Centrale dello Stato photos.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I second DrG's recommendation. I bought my copy of La tragedia italiana years ago. Excellent book with good history and many photographs.

Pista! Jeff

stechuskaktus

Thanks! I’ll keep my eyes open for a copy of that book!
I tried out the first of the links and already found some great pictures!