• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Bersaglieri mostrine

Bersagliere1940

Hey guys
Recently I got this bersag mostrine from a friend's trade

They were made by a former italian repro maker Diego Bosi

Are this any good for a RSI impression? i've also have a pair of gladi from Mister Bosi as well
20220114_193601.jpg

20220114_193934.jpg

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Good day Bersgalieri 1940

I apologize. I just saw your post.

For reenactments, they look good for RE. The gladi are RSI and don't belong on those mostrine. RSI mostrine for bersaglieri have three flames, not two.

Pista! Jeff

Bersagliere1940

Good day Bersgalieri 1940

I apologize. I just saw your post.

For reenactments, they look good for RE. The gladi are RSI and don't belong on those mostrine. RSI mostrine for bersaglieri have three flames, not two.

Pista! Jeff
Oh i apologize, i didnt mention it, i wanna do the battaglione mameli, that used the 2 pointed one (them and their sister unit the mussolini battalion, never had 3 pointed flames, some even didnt get the gladi for quite some times, using the old stars, MVSN faces and even some political arditi like skulls), I was mostly unsure about the color as it is the more early war/correct color and i didnt know if it was good enoght with the RSI

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh, I understand. The color of the bersaglieri mostrine is more a raspberry color. The shade/hue of things Italian are always a point of discussion. I feel your mostrine color is fine (faded).

I can't gauge the size of your mostrine from the picture, so you will need to decide whether they have the correct shape. The RSI tended to use an elongated mostrine as you can see in your pictures.

Pista! Jeff

Bersagliere1940

Ahh, I understand. The color of the bersaglieri mostrine is more a raspberry color. The shade/hue of things Italian are always a point of discussion. I feel your mostrine color is fine (faded).

I can't gauge the size of your mostrine from the picture, so you will need to decide whether they have the correct shape. The RSI tended to use an elongated mostrine as you can see in your pictures.

Pista! Jeff
Thanks a bunch, now i just need to get the windjacket