• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Board games

Most are into computer games, but that doesn't mean you can't break out the old board and dice when the power goes kaput and play your favorite Semovente.
Besides Tunisia, I can't think of a better campaign to play on cardboard:

Invasion of Sicily board game with Semovente 90/53.
pic336080.jpg

I bet Avalon hill is kicking himself silly for not releasing it first.

My father use to own this War at Sea from Avalon Hill, which included the Mediterranean:
il_570xN.777137394_6y7w.jpg

This was actually a fairly easy version to play. It doesn't have the complexity of the other Avalon Hill games like 7th fleet. Unfortunately it's sold out.

I found this boardgame:
Ariete at Bir El Gobi November 1941

1564421224032.png

You have to zoom in on one of the playboards to find the MILMART truck mounted guns!
1564421388509.png

El Alamein boardgame:

1565460164300.png

"There are three scenarios; The First Battle of El Alamein (July 1942), Alam Halfa (Sept 1942) and Battle of El Alamein (Oct 1942). "

The Cauldron (Gazala battles):

1565460337028.png

buddyaderholt

If pressed to single out a favorite among cinematic gems, 'The Godfather' would undoubtedly claim that coveted spot. Francis Ford Coppola's magnum opus, adapted from Mario Puzo's novel, is an unparalleled exploration of power, family, and the American Dream. Marlon Brando's iconic portrayal of Don Vito Corleone and the film's meticulous attention to detail contribute to an enduring legacy that continues to shape the landscape of filmmaking on 123 movies.

Last edited:

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I would assume Ebay, Boardgame Geeks or Noble Knights Games would be places to look.

Pista! Jeff

jbroshot

The best one, in my humble opinion, was part of GDW's Europa series: Western Desert/Near East/Torch. With Torch and its rules you could play all three combined as War in the Desert

The later revised version, by John Astell and GR/D, combining all three, and called "War in the Desert" was one of the worst ones. Too many holes in the rules, too much added unnecessary chrome, and endless errata. I call it "Waste in the Desert". (n)