• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Brescia T.S.

RRA227

1907 Brescia T.S. carbine with accessories. Rich A. in Pa.

Attachments

• WRFCrcno00.jpg
    WRFCrcno00.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 507

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice and two of the traverse bayonets.

RRA227

Thanks. 3 T.S. bayonets. Rich A. in Pa.

toolmanm203

Very nice collection. I have a 1915 TS made in Brescia that I bought to go with my 1914 Fiat Revelli and I have been looking for a decent sling and bayonet but have not seen any out there other than reproductions. Can you recommend a site to look for them> Thanks, Russ

RRA227

Thanks. I got slings and bayonets a long time ago. I got a shoe box of SA marked slings at the gun show and bayonets at the flea markets. As far as web sites try any bayonet dealers. Rich A. in Pa.

RRA227

At the gun show I did not see any T.S. bayonets for sale. Rich A. in Pa.

toolmanm203

Does anyone know what type of wood was used on the handles of the 91 TS bayonets? I found one and the wood is almost gone like so many of these and I would like to replace the handles. I also have to make the locking piece for it because that is missing as well.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I would need to see if I have the information. Unless the bayonet is a traverse locking type, it would be easier just to buy a new bayonet. The T.S. once it converted to the straight lug used the same bayonet as the M91 fucile.

Pista! Jeff

toolmanm203

Jeff, it is not the straight lug type but the one that rotates in a circular motion to get it on or off the rifle. I assume this is the early one correct? It is like the one RRA227 has pictured in the first post on this thread.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the is called the traverse type. I will see what I can find.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
No I don't. The problem is that the latching mechanism for the traverse type is unique. No other 1 e 2 GM Italian bayonet used it (all the others used the same straight slot mechanism), so the parts would likely need to come from another rare traverse bayonet. Assuming the blade and other metal parts of your bayonet are good, your best bet its to find a buggered-up traverse with the needed parts.

RE: wood. A quick look didn't turn-up any info on the wood used on the hilt. The rifles stocks themselves were maple or occasionally (not often) ash. You likely can't go wrong using maple unless someone here has exact information. The hilt rivets will be a challenge.

Pista! Jeff

toolmanm203

Thanks Jeff I can make a new catch for it and the rivets are no problem for me. I have done tons of riveting being a beltfed guy and can fabricate about anything as long as I know what the original materials were.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Take a look at this page. The link will take you to the main page. Click on the Baionette link (marked new). Scroll down until you see the T.S. discussion. It has a a diagram of the mechanism.

Italian bayonets

The page states that the wood used on the hilts varied depending on what was available (Le guance di legno sono fissate con coppiglie ribattute e muniti di rondelle, il legno usato era di diverse essenze in base alle disponibilità del momento.). So maple or ash are good choices.

Pista! Jeff

Last edited:

toolmanm203

Grazie Jeff
This will give me everything that I need to make one. I will get to work on it this week and let you know how it goes. That site has a lot of great info on it.

RRA227

You could make grips and then wrap them in cord like this. I did not do this. I bought it at the flea market for $35. I did not unwrap the grip. Rich A. in Pa.

Attachments

• CSBayo.jpg
    CSBayo.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 184
  • CSBayo00.jpg
    CSBayo00.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 176

toolmanm203

Thanks for the reply RRA227 that was a great buy at 35.00! I made the locking lug for one bayonet and I ended up making a set of tiger maple grips for the one I kept. The riveting was not too bad to do but I have a fair bit of riveting experience. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will add them to this thread.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Rich

Whomever did the wrap did a very nice job. That is some good work. I could almost believe it was period except you can't mount the bayonet to the rifle. A nice and unusual piece to have in a collection.

Pista! Jeff