• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Continued error with the website

kolja

All day I've been getting the error that you can see in the attached screenshot. This is the only website where I am getting this error, so it leads me to believe there is a problem with this forum, rather than my internet. Does anyone know how to fix this? Reloading the page or coming back to the website after a few hours does not work. I am barely able to get here to make this post, at the moment my entire web-page is a jumble of text and I can barely see how to post this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 16.05.47.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 16.05.47.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 315

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure what to say. I have not see this error before. I don't believe it is the website

kolja

Further down the page the error says: "If you are just visiting the site, just wait a bit and it should be back soon. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you own the web site, please verify with your hosting company if your server is up and running and if they have our firewall IPs whitelisted."
As you can see in the attached screenshot, even when I am able to get into the website the formatting is very jumbled (this is what I see currently when typing this post).
I believe it is a hosting/website issue, rather than anything on my end. I have been using the internet all day for work and haven't encountered this error anywhere else on the internet except this forum.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Kolja

I have sent a report to the IT people. The screen shot did come through on your first post.

your hosting company if your server is up and running and if they have our firewall IPs whitelisted

Whitelisted means that either the hosting site upon which CS resides has your internal hosting company cleared for access or that your internet host has CS cleared for access. I don't know which service you are getting your internal access through. Given the current world situation, it is possible that your service or CS's host service has changed the whitelist. That is merely a guess.

kolja

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully your IT folks have a suggestion for us. It seems strange that this website alone would suddenly block access to me or my service provider. But we will see what they say.
I've tried re-attaching my screenshots again to this message, to show you what the website looks like when I am able to get past the error.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 17.34.29.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 17.34.29.png
    592.7 KB · Views: 336

1089maul

Kolja,
I had exactly the same problem all day yesterday. Thankfully it seems to have been sorted and I have been able the access the forum today.
Bob

kolja

Kolja,
I had exactly the same problem all day yesterday. Thankfully it seems to have been sorted and I have been able the access the forum today.
Bob

Thanks Bob, glad to hear I'm not the only one. So far today the website seems to be back to normal. Fingers crossed...

1089maul

I am continuing to have problems logging on and when logged on. It is hit and miss at the moment. Attached are the two fault notes that I get. Bob

Attachments

• 1D774617-B1C0-4A23-9428-E9CC5864AE71.jpeg
    1D774617-B1C0-4A23-9428-E9CC5864AE71.jpeg
    781.8 KB · Views: 334
  • A1287AA9-A112-43A7-BA89-E4892F8BB68E.jpeg
    A1287AA9-A112-43A7-BA89-E4892F8BB68E.jpeg
    677.2 KB · Views: 337

kolja

Yes, this error is still present as of today. Not as frequent as when I first posted this problem, but it still shows up.

1089maul

Still having problems not only logging onto site but also trying to read articles. I have tried using other WiFi sites but still get the same problems.

1089maul

Still having problems logging on, reading and uploading. Not sure if this is the webmasters task to sort?? Bob

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
As I am currently in Rome, I too am experiencing the same issue. I never had this problem back in the States. I am using my iPhone to access the site. I will send this info to the tech people.

kolja

Thanks Jeff. I've noticed the issue has been less common in the last week or so, at least for me...

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Now that I am connected to a better internet network, I am able to access the forum with my computer. I will see how long this lasts.

FrancoTer

Too me have same trouble, to yesterday, today atm no trouble

@jwsleser welcome in Italia

I'm FrancoFB, for some strange reason i can not more login with Facebook

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I am back in my room and I am having no issue with CS today.

I don't use my FB log-in on any sites, so I haven't hear of that issue.

Shouldn't you be FrancoBis instead of FrancoTer? ;)