• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Desert Armour

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I spotted a new book from Osprey titled Desert Armour Tank Warfare in North Africa: Beda Fomm to Operation Crusader, 1940–41 by Robert Forczyk. As the title states, it will cover the early battles in A.S. One can see from the Table of Contents posted on the website that the authors covers doctrine, organization, and then the actual operations. Looking forward to reading the book to see if it adds materially to the history of the early A.S. battles.

Book is scheduled for release on 28 February. I have preordered.

Pista! Jeff

Slavomir

Great find, Jeff.

Another book by R. Forczyk on desert warfare is announced and scheduled for October 2023: Desert Armour. Tank Warfare in North Africa: Gazala to Tunisia, 1942-1942.
Desert Warfare

Best regards

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the additional find. I will wait to read the first before deciding whether to preorder the second.

My concern is whether Forczyk accessed Italian primary sources. If he did, then the books could be a nice addition to the library. If not, then another Anglo-centric account. Forczyk lives in the US, so I am wondering how much Italian material he collected for his books.

Pista! Jeff