• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

General Negri?

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
by Ravnogorac » Thu May 17, 2007 8:12 pm

Did an Italian general exist by the name of Negri? or Negrio? Neggri? Neggrio? Or a general with a similar sounding name?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

kengur_1976@yahoo.com

-----------

by enrico » Thu May 17, 2007 11:28 pm

:D

Good mornig Ravnogorac,

I have some information about Generale Negri.
Probably, he was L. NEGRI Lt. General, Cdr of the Alpine Army Corps (TAURINENSE and TRIDENTINA Alpine Divisions), Army Group West
The Army Group West was deployed in the West Alpi Theatre, against French Army in June 1940. Gen. NEGRI was also a proud opposer of fascism and, particularly, he was against racial law because it damages in a shameful manner Jewish human rights.

Enrico

-------

by Ravnogorac » Thu May 24, 2007 9:58 pm

Thank you very much for the information, Enrico.

Can you confirm that General Negri was stationed in Yugoslavia during 1942 and 1943?

Do you have any more information about him, such as the years of his birth and death, as well as his full name and rank?

Yours sincerely,
Ravnogorac.

---------

by Steen Ammentorp » Sun May 27, 2007 8:12 am

Italian generals with similar-sounding names.

Major-General Paride Negri
Lieutenant-General Luigi Negri Cesi
Major-General Guglielmo Negro
Brigadier-General Livio Negro
Major-General Matteo Negro
Major-General Giacomo Negroni

More information on their military careers can be found on my website. However, I think that the one you are looking for is Paride Negri. At least it is the only one of them that I have been able to identify in Yugoslavia.

---------------

by enrico » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:47 am

Good afternoon Ravnogorac, sorry for being silent so long, but I spent a long time abroad for my duty.
Yes, I can give you the ok. General Negri was stationed in Yugoslavia during 1942 and 1943, but I do not know yet his charge.
Regards

Enrico

-------------

by voloire » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:03 am

take a look at this General Perida Negri