• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Ground crew based infantry?

Ironmaiden2000

Hello i was wondering what ground crews wore. I've seen illistrations of what looks like the average italian uniform except dyed a blue, the puttees also seemed to be blue strangely enough, i am wondering if they had seperate greatcoats dyed this color, i will attach said picture soon. Probalby will make a seperate thread asking about naval as well
d3819a016ee9107c881724df9420e427--ww-uniforms-military-uniforms.jpg

I have a couple of youtube videos showing ground crews at various spots during the film- usually before takeoff and after landing:)

^No ground crew but colorized^

^Lots of ground crew but in B&W^

^Ditto^

^ 4 seconds in the ground crews are loading bombs, trucks at 1:40^

I don't know about any ground crew infantry.

gttf

The man in blue is part of the Battaglione "Loreto" (800-strong) of the Regia Aeronautica, a special unit set on mid-1942; in principle, its duties were the recovery and the defense of enemy landing grounds/airports seized, mainly in the framework of Operation C3, the planned invasion of Malta. In the intentions, the unit was airborne; as it is well known, the plan for Malta invasion vanished, during the summer of 1942.
In november, 1942 "Loreto and the I Battaglione paracadutisti of the Regia Aeronautica were organized as 1. Reggimento d'assalto "Duca d'Aosta".
The parachutists and Two companies of "Loreto" were sent in Tunisia and the other two companies of "Loreto" were sent in Sicily and from may, 1943,in Sardinia, where they gave personnel for anti-parachutists squads.
The "Loreto" was disbanded just before the Italian Armistice.
Hope this helps
Regards
Fabrizio

Ironmaiden2000

The man in blue is part of the Battaglione "Loreto" (800-strong) of the Regia Aeronautica, a special unit set on mid-1942; in principle, its duties were the recovery and the defense of enemy landing grounds/airports seized, mainly in the framework of Operation C3, the planned invasion of Malta. In the intentions, the unit was airborne; as it is well known, the plan for Malta invasion vanished, during the summer of 1942.
In november, 1942 "Loreto and the I Battaglione paracadutisti of the Regia Aeronautica were organized as 1. Reggimento d'assalto "Duca d'Aosta".
The parachutists and Two companies of "Loreto" were sent in Tunisia and the other two companies of "Loreto" were sent in Sicily and from may, 1943,in Sardinia, where they gave personnel for anti-parachutists squads.
The "Loreto" was disbanded just before the Italian Armistice.
Hope this helps
Regards
Fabrizio
That actually helped greatly, thank you very much