• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Gruppi Semoventi da 105/25

Kustosz2137

I can't find much about them in the net, I'd like to know how many of these groups were created in total and which one saw combat. I've met with such designated as DC, DCI and DCII in different articles, however I've noticed that info about DC and DCI is often mixed. I also know that one of these was crested of DLX Gruppo Semoventi da 75/18, but again can't find any consistent answer.
Thanks for all help!

At the time of the Armistice there were 5 groups. The DCI and the DCII are actually completed. The DCI Group of the 235th Rgt. «Ariete II» Armored Artillery had the opportunity to clash with the German troops during the attempt to defend Rome on the following 9th. The first M 43, license plate 5846 (production 1943) was delivered on 2 July 1943 to the School of Nettunia. 12 followed. Other self-propelled vehicles assigned to the DCI Group on 14 August 1943 in Nettunia (RM) had been registered on 6 August 1943. Later, many self-propelled vehicles of this type took part, in the ranks of the German Army, in the Italian campaign. It has been ascertained that the Germans had already ordered a batch of 60 105/25 examples on 5 October 1943 and, subsequently, others. However, the following 105/25 self-propelled groups were formed in 1943: -DC (constituted on 20 June 1943, upon command, 3 batteries and R.M.V., for the transformation of the DLX self-propelled group of 75/18), with 5 armored command tanks and 12 self-propelled cars of 105/25, for div. cr. Aries; -DCI (established on 10 June 1943), by div. cr. Centaur; -DCIII (as above); -DCIV (established on August 1, 1943); -DCV(as above).
All the best
Maurizio

Kustosz2137

At the time of the Armistice there were 5 groups. The DCI and the DCII are actually completed. The DCI Group of the 235th Rgt. «Ariete II» Armored Artillery had the opportunity to clash with the German troops during the attempt to defend Rome on the following 9th. The first M 43, license plate 5846 (production 1943) was delivered on 2 July 1943 to the School of Nettunia. 12 followed. Other self-propelled vehicles assigned to the DCI Group on 14 August 1943 in Nettunia (RM) had been registered on 6 August 1943. Later, many self-propelled vehicles of this type took part, in the ranks of the German Army, in the Italian campaign. It has been ascertained that the Germans had already ordered a batch of 60 105/25 examples on 5 October 1943 and, subsequently, others. However, the following 105/25 self-propelled groups were formed in 1943: -DC (constituted on 20 June 1943, upon command, 3 batteries and R.M.V., for the transformation of the DLX self-propelled group of 75/18), with 5 armored command tanks and 12 self-propelled cars of 105/25, for div. cr. Aries; -DCI (established on 10 June 1943), by div. cr. Centaur; -DCIII (as above); -DCIV (established on August 1, 1943); -DCV(as above).
All the best
Maurizio
Thank you very much, I just see contradiction here;
In this text 6 groups in total are mentioned, from DC to DCV. At the beggining it's written that DCI and DCII were completed, but at the end DCII was skipped

It was actually my typo. The two groups actually completed (again according to sources of the time but sometimes conflicting with each other) were the 600th and 601st groups (DC and DCI) as well as the 600th group (DC) that was employed by the division Ram in the defense of Rome (1943)....I apologize for the inconvenience...
All the best
Maurizio