• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Guardia alla Frontiera in Albania

The one reported on Wikipedia is a summary of the various wartime periods. In reality, the sectors were changed almost constantly, also assuming different names and connotations. Summarizing them is particularly difficult. Those with the least variations were those relating to GAF in AS and Albania even though they were often changed too.
All the best
Maurizio

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
The information appears to be June 1940. I have compared his information with that found in La Guardia alla Frontiera (USSME 2003). It is mainly from allegato nº 27 and 31 with additional information added from other sources. I don't know where the settori e sottosettori names came from, as they are not used in the documents reprinted in the book. For example, the site states I Bassa Roja while the book states Bordighera (p. 295). I also can't match the corpo d'armata listed in the book to those listed on the site.

I don't have all the sources the Wiki used, so I can't fully cross-check.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't understand you wished to know specifically about Albania. It appears to be December 1942. P. 211 and allegato nº 60.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
My apologies, I didn't read your posts as carefully as I should.

The organization in the Wiki link differs from the info in La Guardia alla Frontiera as the link has three sottosectori (41/a, 41/b, e 41/3) while the book only mentions two. As you previous noted, there were many changes in organization during the war. Even the book gets a little confusing trying to follow all the changes.