• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Help with uniforms/people

desantii

Hello, Wanted to see if the is any insight into what uniform #3 is wearing (my grandfather) as well as any help on uniforms of 2 and 4? 1,5,6, and 7 seem just generic suits?

Attachments

• ruggero (2).jpg
    ruggero (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 639

James

Hello, Wanted to see if the is any insight into what uniform #3 is wearing (my grandfather) as well as any help on uniforms of 2 and 4? 1,5,6, and 7 seem just generic suits?
Hi desantii,

Although the photograph is of poor quality I believe that your Grandfather (#3) appears to be wearing a Pilots' or Observers' badge, as well as what may be two air force badges underneath his substantial riband (ribbon) bars. Furthermore, he appears to be in the uniform of the Camicie Nere (Black Shirts).

Do you have any further information regarding his service? Anything air force/flying related from the First World War and inter-war period (1919-1940?).

Kind regards (and Merry Christmas),

James

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
James, thanks for the info. Desantii also posted the picture HERE where it was discussed is some more detail. He provided some additional information.

Pista! Jeff