• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Infantrymen of the Air

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I will see if it is a great job once some reviews roll in.

Saetta

Great news, Jeff! I noticed it's available for pre-order on Amazon as well and ordered through there. Looking forward to receiving it!

Saetta

Hi Jeff,

Amazon appears to have pushed the release date back to July 11th, is Helion still expected to release in early June?

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
All I know is what is on the various websites. Helion has changed the publication date to 1 June. Amazon UK has it being released on 15 June. Amazon US has it released on 7 July. It is normal that books published in the UK are released a month later in the US.

Bottomline is Helion hasn't been told me anything about when the book will be out.

Pista! Jeff

1089maul

Morning all. I have just had an email from Helion stating that the book has been published. I registered interest in it last year but have since preordered it. Email states that it will be shipped in one to two days. Bob

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the book is out. I received a message from Helion informing me that it is available. Those that pre-ordered the book will likely receive their copy before I receive mine.

Pista! Jeff

1089maul

IT HAS ARRIVED!
After a long wait Jeff’s nook has arrived. I have had a very quick look through and it looks good. It will go to the top of my to read books and will read it when I have finished the current one I am reading.
Regards to all,
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_2467.jpeg
    IMG_2467.jpeg
    961.7 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: DrG

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am very jealous Bob. I have yet to receive my copies. Helion and I have already sorted out the concern (shipping) and I hope to have my copies by Monday. Helion wasn't the problem (they have been very good to work with). Casemate will distribute the book in the US, but they're still printing the book and it won't be available from them until the beginning of July.

A quick question. Are the maps clear and easy to read? That is one concern that I have. The .pdf proofs I worked with weren't as clear as I wanted, but Helion stated that is normal. The book print should be very good. How do the maps look?

Grazie! Jeff

1089maul

Jeff,
The maps are clear and easy to read.
For anyone ordering direct from Helion, the actual mailing is slow. Mine was shipped on the 1st and it arrived today. Small price to pay for free mailing.
I have had another quick look at the book. It seems full of information which for me will make it a slow read. Several photos that do not appear in the normal military books.
First criticism, no photo of the author! 😂😂😂
Cannot wait to read something completely different!
Regards,
Bob
PS Jeff-I am somewhat surprised that they shipped you the first copy.

1089maul

Geoff,
I love the pic and have to agree with Francoquarter, great bookshelf!
In the meantime, a challenge to any other forum member who has ordered your book. Post a pic of yourself with the book. It would be great to see the face behind the name!
Regards to all,
Bob

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
My precious....
InfantrymenBook.jpg

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Box arrived today. I am impressed with the quality of the book. Glossy paper, solid binding. The final page count is 479.

Already working on the next book.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that is one option. I am working on the introduction to scope the work. «C3» is another option. Actively gathering resources.

Alpino

Fantastic book in dates & details of every unit! Great finding this site & BOOK!
Fun looking at the books behind people! Do this when people are interviewed on HD TV

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I have been looking for errors in the book. Three of the maps are mislabeled (13.1, 13.2, 13.3), but the list of maps on pp.IX–X is correct. Missed this on the proofs (not Helion's fault).