• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Italian cemetery in Ethiopia

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
I took these pictures when I was in Addis Ababa.

Attachments

• 100_0553.jpg
    100_0553.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 842
  • 100_0554.jpg
    100_0554.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 853
  • 100_0556.jpg
    100_0556.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 872
  • 100_0559.jpg
    100_0559.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 807
  • 100_0560.jpg
    100_0560.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 831

Bry

By chance did you make it to the cemetery in Asmara near Forte Baldiserra?Seems large for no shots fired surrendering.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I believe those pictures were taken by Jim, the previous owner of the forum. He doesn't frequent the site.

If I am incorrect, hopefully the camera individual will step forward.

bondlillian

Hey there! Thanks for sharing these amazing pictures from the Italian cemetery in Addis Ababa. It's genuinely fascinating to see how history and different cultures intertwine. The serenity of the place is quite captivating, and the well-preserved tombstones reflect the cemetery's significance. However, it differs from our cemeteries, and I don't see something similar to Washington Headstones there. Cultures really differ in every question possible, even death.

Last edited:

buddyaderholt

I wanted to express how much I enjoyed the photos you posted from the Italian cemetery in Addis Ababa. It's remarkable how photography can transport us to places and moments we might never experience firsthand. The headstones and monuments in those images are like a silent tribute to the lives that were once part of that landscape.
On a related note, if you're ever interested in exploring more headstones or monuments, check out these headstones near me. They make really beautiful monuments you might want to order commemorate someone's life. Thanks for sharing those captivating glimpses from your journey!

Last edited: