• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Italian jump boots, where i can find them and how they look like?

Bersagliere1940

Hello everyone, recently a friend of mine is looking for a folgore impression, but he cant figure out how they were does anyone has a picture of those (are they similar to german ones?). Also does Andrea Roccon make them?

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
The Italian paratrooper boots were tall, lace-up black books. They has the same shape toe cap as the infantry boots.

image_3435437.jpg

Paolo Marzetti has an excellent Italian para thread on WHF Italian WWII para uniforms

Mediterraneo is a UK based reenactment group. They do a very good paracadutisti italiani impression. I would recommend your friend join that group as they can tell him the vendors to buy from, and what items to buy.

Yes, Andrea does make the boots.

Pista! Jeff

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a picture of his M41 calzature paracadutisti. The soles are the wrong style (but correctly rubber) because he can't get the correct CRODA soles. Not made anymore.

calzature paracadutisti M41.jpg

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
The Mediterraneo members (Neil) made their own Folgore webbing. I believe someone on Ebay makes the gear now as well. Neil made our Monte Cervino ski belts.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what you mean by profile?

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
The link to the Mediterraneo FB page is in post 2 of this thread. it is the best way to contact Neil.

This is Andrea Roccon FB page.

Last edited:

Bersagliere1940

Hi again jeff, do you happen to know how tall the boots were? I found someone saying that they were around 10 inches tall (25,6 cm approx), could you verify?

Much thanks

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately the regulation (Circolare N.801 - Equipaggimento, 29 ottobre 1941) doesn't give the measurements of the boots. It does specify 24 grommets/eyelets for the lacing (12 on a side). Note the larger spacing of the upper four eyelets in the picture above. My US Army boots has eight evenly spaced eyelets. From the ground to the top of the boots is only 10.5 inches. From the welt to the top of the boot is only 9 inches. I believe 10-12 inches is in the ballpark, but I assume there is some sort of ratio between boot size and shaft height. I would contact Neal who I recommended above and ask how tall his boots are from Andrea.

Pista! Jeff

Bersagliere1940

Unfortunately the regulation (Circolare N.801 - Equipaggimento, 29 ottobre 1941) doesn't give the measurements of the boots. It does specify 24 grommets/eyelets for the lacing (12 on a side). Note the larger spacing of the upper four eyelets in the picture above. My US Army boots has eight evenly spaced eyelets. From the ground to the top of the boots is only 10.5 inches. From the welt to the top of the boot is only 9 inches. I believe 10-12 inches is in the ballpark, but I assume there is some sort of ratio between boot size and shaft height. I would contact Neal who I recommended above and ask how tall his boots are from Andrea.

Pista! Jeff
Thanks

smartrving132

With the functionality of waterproof boots, in addition to law enforcement personnel, they are also worn by hikers and hunters. These shoes are comfortable and suitable for heavy use. As tips, here are a few things to consider when looking for a good pair of waterproof tactical boots.