• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Italian repro items

Bersagliere1940

Screenshot_20210506-133411_Chrome.jpg

Hello everyone a friend of mine was looking for a pair of italian pants for his officer impression? What should he get? The first one or the second one? I had some problems on knowing which ones are for arent the M40 (first one) supposed to be for EN and the ones listed as M41 (even thought they should be M39) for officers or mounted troops? I hope you could help me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-133439_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-133439_Chrome.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 431

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I apologize for not answering this question earlier. It became lost in all my other messages/posts.

The challenge in answering this question is neither of the Hiki items are quite 'right'. Technically both are for enlisted soldiers, not officers. Hiki makes two pair of officers pantaloni (wool and gabardine). From the pictures, these appear to be close to the correct pattern.

If the need is for a uniforme ufficiale coloniale, the M41 'capri' appear to be closer to an officer pattern. Note it isn't quite right. I am not sure what the M41 'capri' are meant to repersent, because no such Italian pattern exists (AFAIK). The actual M41 pantaloni were designed for paratroopers. The correct pattern for the M41 are Hiki's M41 topical paratrooper or M41 wool (full length pants legs with a closure around the ankle, slash pockets), at least from looking at the pictures.

Bersagliere1940

I apologize for not answering this question earlier. It became lost in all my other messages/posts.

The challenge in answering this question is neither of the Hiki items are quite 'right'. Technically both are for enlisted soldiers, not officers. Hiki makes two pair of officers pantaloni (wool and gabardine). From the pictures, these appear to be close to the correct pattern.

If the need is for a uniforme ufficiale coloniale, the M41 'capri' appear to be closer to an officer pattern. Note it isn't quite right. I am not sure what the M41 'capri' are meant to repersent, because no such Italian pattern exists (AFAIK). The actual M41 pantaloni were designed for paratroopers. The correct pattern for the M41 are Hiki's M41 topical paratrooper or M41 wool (full length pants legs with a closure around the ankle, slash pockets), at least from looking at the pictures.
Thanks for your help 😁